where do we rent bicycles?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

where do we rent bicycles?

Postby blickablack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 pm

it looks like kiwanis bikes and black rock city bicycles are sold out :(

anyone know of other places?

THANKS!
blickablack

Postby robrob » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 pm

i'm flying in too, and missed the rental cutoff.

there is a cool looking bike coop in reno (Reno Bike Project, iirc. google it) , that looks like it has some community bike shop thing going on, and they sell "burner bikes" for cheap, if you wanted to support what are presumable decent folks and the local bike community.

or, if you don't give a shit about those values and just care about value, a certain national big box retailer (i'm guessing you know the one) sells adult cruiser bikes for $75 flat. (the same as a rental rate) This particular big box has a "ship to store" function, so you can buy the bike and pick it up within 21 days at the (reno/sparks area) location of your choosing.

you can always donate it to the kiwanis or bike coop when you're done with it.

also, some good tips in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=34823
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm / endor

Postby Clar-i-ty » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 pm

robrob wrote:i'm flying in too, and missed the rental cutoff.

there is a cool looking bike coop in reno (Reno Bike Project, iirc. google it) , that looks like it has some community bike shop thing going on, and they sell "burner bikes" for cheap, if you wanted to support what are presumable decent folks and the local bike community.

or, if you don't give a shit about those values and just care about value, a certain national big box retailer (i'm guessing you know the one) sells adult cruiser bikes for $75 flat. (the same as a rental rate) This particular big box has a "ship to store" function, so you can buy the bike and pick it up within 21 days at the (reno/sparks area) location of your choosing.

you can always donate it to the kiwanis or bike coop when you're done with it.

also, some good tips in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=34823

If you were to use this option, you want to be sure that you let them know when you want the bike. Often it takes a day or two to have the bike assembled, and some places only assemble once a week. Something to consider.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Return to Transportation