Shipping stuff to Reno

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

Shipping stuff to Reno

Postby Ivory Bill » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:38 pm

We had planned on shipping stuff to a friends house near Reno, and now find that may not be possible.

Are there any business or whatever will accept packages, bikes and tents and that?
Bikes and vans fly by me in the dessert, but I'm alright standing out here in the hot sun
Ivory Bill

Postby zachass » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

I don't have a good idea abour a particular company, but you might look into shipping companies with a pod-type thing. That might be cost prohibitive though.
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it actually works
zachass

Re: Shipping stuff to Reno

Postby mdmf007 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Ivory Bill wrote:We had planned on shipping stuff to a friends house near Reno, and now find that may not be possible.

Are there any business or whatever will accept packages, bikes and tents and that?

We have had stuff shipped to Hotels in reno and Vegas - if you have a room there its not a prob. You could always add the room rate into your shipping costs.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:35 pm

You could contact the UPS store and see if it's possible and under what conditions.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ivory Bill » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:45 pm

UPS will hold stuff for five bizzness days. for free.
Bikes and vans fly by me in the dessert, but I'm alright standing out here in the hot sun
Ivory Bill

Postby Oldguy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

A Mr. Pettibone shipped me a massage table by Greyhound from L.A. to Reno in a bicycle sized cardboard box. Same day service since busses run 24/7/365. If you're driving, the package will probably get there before you do...
Image current moon
Burning Man is an exercise—indeed, a challenge—in balancing cooperation, self-reliance, individual expression, and creative collaboration in the formation of an artistic community. E. Britannica
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Monkey Business Annex of Banana Camp

Return to Transportation