Ride need back to Portland Sunday 9/2

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Ride need back to Portland Sunday 9/2

Postby grackee » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Let's leave on Sunday and avoid the massive line-up to get home. Monday and even Tuesday could be a nightmare of waiting. Besides, I need to get back to the world of work and plant watering and that sort of thing.
I'm Grace, 26, FIRST TIMER, part of Kamp Krusty based out of SF.
Please consider me. I'm chatty, but not incessantly. I'm good-humored and cheerful, but not aggressively friendly. I love rideshare! and couchsurfing! And getting to know strange strangers. I would insist on meeting first (Skype or phone and then in person 1st day at BM or even in the long line-up to get in?) to make sure we clicked and would make a good match for 12 hours. I have playlists to share and my music choices are not obnoxious and overbearing. Let's get some classic road tunes in the mix like The Smiths, The Zombies, Rolling Stones, Pixies, Cure, Talking Heads and Beach Boys. We could make things weirder and listen to 13th Floor Elevators, Jonathan Richman, Make-Up, Suicide and New Order.
I like story telling. I like conversation with new friends and listening to stories told by radio professionals. I love stand up comedy or a good book on tape in the car or on headphones. I love podcasts about science, philosophy and skepticism. I am very excited to share my enthusiasm for podcasts with new people and maybe leave them with a list of shows I think they may enjoy.
Do you have the room? I got stuff! I have a couple coolers and a large backpack, a bike and a bin of camping gear.

Let me know. Let's figure it out soon (Help me plan a meeting spot in the first few days to shake hands and make a commitment) since I'm leaving from Oakland and finding you on the Playa could be tricky.

gracelita@gmail.com
Let me know. I live in NE Portland at Alberta and 25th ish.
grackee

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Krusty

Return to 2012 Share Resources