ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Postby tisha2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm

howdy kids ~

i've been doing this unofficially for years, but am ramping it up this year and making it official:

"ERP exists to bridge the gap between those in need and those with excess in Black Rock City. We roam the streets taking note of surplus resources in order to help burners help each other. We are a volunteer service and we make no guarantees - we won't build your camp for you, and poor planning is not our emergency - but if a theme camp or art project finds themselves truly screwed due to missing that one crucial item, if it's in the city - we'll find it. "

i have excel spreadsheets for a brain and naturally take stock of everything i see. i'll be roaming the streets pre-event in my clearly marked ERP-mobile and meeting all of you camp managers, cat-herders, project coordinators, and builders and taking notes on who has what where, and who needs what where. i won't always be able to handle the delivery part, but if that thing you didn't know you'd need is out there, i'll find it. during the event i'll be camped around 2:30 & L (outer ring) and crewing The Thugboat, and when ERP is on-board or in camp and on-duty we'll be showing the ERP logo.

see my sig line for links to the facecrack pages for ERP and The Thugboat.

looking forward to unfucking yer day in black rock.
~ Mortisha (tisha2)
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Re: ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement

Postby goddessmother » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Stop by the Goddess Market on 2:45 between G & H (exact location is still sketchy, placer is still working on it) and spread the word. We have a varied inventory of anything someone might have forgotten. Lots of personal items and a small hardware dept with duct tape, electrical tape, zip ties, grommets and pipe cleaners. We should be all set up by gate opening.
The Goddess Market
We brought what you forgot
goddessmother

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Gallavant Goddesses & Lost Boys

Postby tisha2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 pm

fantastic. and right around the corner. i will definitely stop by, and send needy souls your way.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
tisha2

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Thank you for doing this, tisha & co.!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 pm

What a neat idea, tisha2!

"There's guy like me in every state and federal prison in America, I guess--I'm the guy who can get it for you. Tailor-made cigarettes, a bag of reefer, if you're partial to that, a bottle of brandy to celebrate your son or daughter's high school graduation, or almost everything else . . . within reason, that is."
*** 2015 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 pm

yup, great plan Tisha2!!!
thanks for doing it.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Savannah wrote:What a neat idea, tisha2!

"There's guy like me in every state and federal prison in America, I guess--I'm the guy who can get it for you. Tailor-made cigarettes, a bag of reefer, if you're partial to that, a bottle of brandy to celebrate your son or daughter's high school graduation, or almost everything else . . . within reason, that is."

Quick, Savannah, I need a geologist's hammer! Image
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:44 am

You should talk to my campmate Sarahndipity. She's wrangling the 'playadipity board' at the idea deli, where people can post what they need a hand with in hopes that a passer-by may be able to help out with that. Additionally, we'll be serving up Murphy's Slaw at Fertile Minds as well (big bowl of screws/nuts/bolts), for when the unexpected happens and you find yourself in need of just one more part to get the job done.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby tisha2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am

brilliant. this is exactly what we were hoping for. i know there are several camps with this idea in mind. i'll be taking notes on all these resources and spreading the word!

how we roll:
tisha2

Return to 2012 Share Resources