Looking for marching band for wedding procession!

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Looking for marching band for wedding procession!

Postby skwp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:12 pm

My fiancee and I are getting married on the Playa and we're looking for a marching band to help us celebrate. Saturday of the burn around 6pm we want to do a procession down to the temple and do a quick ceremony there. Looking for people who want to help out with a marching band procession. We'll have dinner and drinks before hand at our camp (called Pretentious Fox, with about 30 members), so come over and we'll feed your whole band some delicious food and beverage :)

please contact yan at pritzker dot ws if you've got a band and want to help!

Yan
skwp

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Pretentious Fox

Re: Looking for marching band for wedding procession!

Postby portaplaya » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Two things:

The Man is closed starting Friday night as they prep it for immolation. This may impact your plans for the procession.

Also, Friday night is a much better night for organizing big groups to do things, like bands, processions and weddings. There are no immediate demands on them for later in the day, such as running back to the Man to be part of the Sat performance or finding a good place to sit for the Burn.

I shot an amazing wedding on playa two years ago. It was Friday evenings and everything (including finding a band on eplaya) worked out just great.
Photos: http://www.hieroglyphphotography.com/We ... -and-Shoko
portaplaya

Postby skwp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 am

thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately even though I'm there the full week my fiancee is a teacher and cannot get any time off so she comes in friday night. Very sad, I know :/ We could consider somethng super late on friday..but then it's too dark for good pictures :) We're not planning to go to the Man but rather the Temple. I think they usually close the temple Sunday afternoonish for the burn? I don't remember...
skwp

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Pretentious Fox

Postby portaplaya » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 am

Temple will be burned earlier this year, Sunday at sunset. I expect it to close down before dawn on Sunday, but that's only a guess.
portaplaya

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 pm

I've seen weddings done at the Temple.

Does it have to be a marching band? There are tons of talented musicians out there; check the 2012 Art & Performance thread. :)
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Wally_burner » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Wally_burner

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Uli Baba and the Horny Thieves

Postby Wally_burner » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Or, if that's not working out, I've assembled a marching band, from a core of Fire Conclave All Stars members. I think we'd be interested in doing a wedding.

Are you still looking for a band?

Wally
Wally_burner

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Uli Baba and the Horny Thieves

Return to 2012 Share Resources