From Reno, To Reno

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

From Reno, To Reno

Postby Wild Mike » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:06 am

Hi There! The name's Wild Mike.

I'm looking to share a ride from Reno Airport to Burning Man, at about 2PM on Sunday, Aug. 26th. I have minimal luggage, can help pay for gas, and would like to assist in any way I can. I'd like to pick up some water on the way there.

I'm also looking for a ride from Burning Man back to Reno Airport on the night of Saturday, Sep. 1st, right after the Burn. I have a plane to catch back to NY early in the morning. Again, I have minimal luggage, can help pay for gas, and would like to assist in any way I can.

Thank You so much!

Blessings.
Wild Mike

Burning Since: 2012

Re: From Reno, To Reno

Postby Wild Mike » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:57 am

Help with either getting to Burning Man, or from Burning Man to Reno Airport is much appreciated.
Wild Mike

Burning Since: 2012

Postby dragonpilot » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Mike....traffic getting out of BRC after the Man burns is pretty bad. You could expect a 3-6 hour backup just getting to the blacktop, then another 3-4 hours getting to Reno. You better "worse-case" it or you're gonna miss your flight. I just advised someone else who has a 12:30 PM Sunday flight to leave no later than midnight after the Man burns.

Try to link up with someone at BRC before you leave. Go to Center Camp with a sign. If that fails, get out to the exit area with your sign right after the burn. Lots of folks heading that way will give you a ride...just don't look like a total freak...wait, that might actually be better...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby flygirl » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 pm

tihnking of running busses to and from Reno complete with express lane to gate how much do you think would be reasonable ticket price ?
Le ART est le ROI
flygirl

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Do you have the proper license/insurance?
And "express lane to gate"? Are you going to just dump them there?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby flygirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 am

evrything is in order except for you helping burners get to and from the playa is the goal obviously you don't need a ride
Le ART est le ROI
flygirl

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:04 am

The back ground here is that there was a service a few years back that got into trouble for not crossing the tees and dotting the is.

And, if I need a ride to the playa, it's not to the gate, but to where I am actually camping. An airy "everything's arranged" is not reassuring.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Rice » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:11 am

flygirl wrote:tihnking of running busses to and from Reno complete with express lane to gate how much do you think would be reasonable ticket price ?

Have you talked to Burning Man LLC to get this arranged. If not, you will need to take everyone on the bus to the gate, everyone on the bus (including the driver) will need tickets. The bus will be searched at the gate. You cannot dump people at the gate (It is over a mile from Gate to Greeters, no cutting across the playa - that is trespassing and will result in fines, walking on gate road is super dangerous - so that is out too).

Please make sure you have a plan, have talked to someone at Burning Man LLC about your plan.

Oh, yah - use PM to discuss $$, otherwise the posts will get flagged and probably dissapear.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 am

stretch80 wrote:
flygirl wrote:tihnking of running busses to and from Reno complete with express lane to gate how much do you think would be reasonable ticket price ?

Have you talked to Burning Man LLC to get this arranged. If not, you will need to take everyone on the bus to the gate, everyone on the bus (including the driver) will need tickets. The bus will be searched at the gate. You cannot dump people at the gate (It is over a mile from Gate to Greeters, no cutting across the playa - that is trespassing and will result in fines, walking on gate road is super dangerous - so that is out too).

Please make sure you have a plan, have talked to someone at Burning Man LLC about your plan.

Oh, yah - use PM to discuss $$, otherwise the posts will get flagged and probably dissapear.

yup, what Stretch80 says..........there is no "bus lane" (that I know of).....we caught a bus trying that last year, and it didn't turn out so well for the bus or the riders. Another bus, bring folks in, had to wait the 6 hours or whatever in line, on the way in, by the time he got them in the city (as stated: you can't drop folks at gate, you have to minimally take them past greeters into the city itself, and should take them to campsites, considering they'll have a ton of gear) he was so pissed, and so "late" for his next gig, the made them all get out near our camp, with all their gear, and walk to wherever........and that can be a mile walk!!

not saying or implying you've not......but please, do your homework and cross your eyes and dot your tits!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby flygirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:03 am

thanks for your input playateers this is just a fantasy at this stage.... as a seasoned burner...and a local..i'm really hoping ...that there could be some way to move us to and from the playa more efficiently but don't we all dream of this??? "sigh" i am fortunate to have an early in and late out evry year because of my work as a volunteer....but it pains me to see so many ....who come from so far away to still struggle once they get here ....yes getting to the playa is a big part of the experience ....I wish there was a giant stork that cou,.ld fly us there and parachute us safely to our camps .... ooops then the greeters wouldn't have anything to do ....double oops ...what about checking tickets??? o.k. I'll stick to my artty projects ....dreaming on...see you at the playa
Le ART est le ROI
flygirl

Postby mrchiff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Where's this express lane and how can I get in on that?
mrchiff

Postby Rice » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 pm

mrchiff wrote:Where's this express lane and how can I get in on that?

There is no such thing as an express lane. Pure fantasy...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby vapor » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Several ideas here, including a bus, http://www.burningman.com/preparation/t ... rport.html. My daughter took the bus out 3 years ago after the burn for a Sunday flight, she allowed 10-12 hours in advance of her flight to make sure she made it.
vapor

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Opulent Temple

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm

stretch80 wrote:
mrchiff wrote:Where's this express lane and how can I get in on that?

There is no such thing as an express lane. Pure fantasy...

ah, but "mrchiff's" express lane is a road called Jungo.................
a little known spur of the "Georgetown to Boise" highway and tunnel system.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Moving this over to the 2012 Share Resources board, since that's a better fit for rideshare posts.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Rice » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm

ygmir wrote:ah, but "mrchiff's" express lane is a road called Jungo.................
a little known spur of the "Georgetown to Boise" highway and tunnel system.

Unfortunately, the only way there from BRC without driving through the exclusion zone (aka: how to not get a ticket for trespassing on federal land) is to enter/exit on gate road.

The sexy guys and gals in perimeter will stop you if you are lucky, if not, trespassing ticket from the BLM for you (yes, they will search your vehicle too).
Love Rice

Rice

Return to 2012 Share Resources