Driving from NY?

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Driving from NY?

Postby MiriamvanO » Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 am

Hi!
Me and my boyfriend are planning to drive from New York to the playa, leaving NYC on Tuesday August 21st.
Since it is quite a ride, we are looking for other people who need to get to Reno and can drive. In Reno, we're picking up a friend who flies in on Saturday. Depending on the car we're getting, we might be able to take one extra person to the playa. But we're hoping to find people who are planning to join others in Reno. If anyone is looking for a ride, or knows someone who is... let me know!
Miriam
MiriamvanO

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Driving from NY?

Postby Rice » Sat May 26, 2012 3:40 pm

MiriamvanO wrote:Hi!
Me and my boyfriend are planning to drive from New York to the playa, leaving NYC on Tuesday August 21st.
Since it is quite a ride, we are looking for other people who need to get to Reno and can drive. In Reno, we're picking up a friend who flies in on Saturday. Depending on the car we're getting, we might be able to take one extra person to the playa. But we're hoping to find people who are planning to join others in Reno. If anyone is looking for a ride, or knows someone who is... let me know!
Miriam

Hi, Welcome to ePlaya!!

I believe there is a thriving Burning Man regional in NYC: http://regionals.burningman.com/us_ny.html

I suggest you get in touch with your Regional rep. Perhaps arrangements can be made. Just knowing burners in your area is awesome...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Savannah » Sat May 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Here's another option--the rideshare board.

http://rideshare.burningman.com/ridesha ... -man-2012/

You could also make someone's day by going to the Rideshare Desk at the Reno Airport baggage claim if 1) you're going through Reno anyway 2) have extra space, & 3) will be shopping. ('Cause anyone you pick up would probably need some time to pick up food and water and maybe some supplies . . . so figuring out whether you will really have space--& how much--is an interesting calculation.)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby trilobyte » Tue May 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Giving this a nudge over to Share Resources, since that's a better fit.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby iv040908 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

im looking for a ride from nyc... Im really good driver that can drive anything pretty much :) you can send me private email to iv040908@gmail.com, will share gas expenses as well... looking forward for your response :)
iv040908

Burning Since: 2012

Return to 2012 Share Resources