Playa friendly/good airbrush sets to buy/and paint?

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Playa friendly/good airbrush sets to buy/and paint?

Postby dustangel » Mon May 21, 2012 12:29 pm

I have camped with the HeeBeeGeeBee's for the last few years and do body art, henna, etc. I recently learned how to airbrush and I am performing with the SB Fire Conclave this year. The specific piece that I am choreographing will have a lot of airbrush/body art. I would love some advice about what TYPE of airbrush set to buy, i.e. what works the best on the playa. I am thinking of buying a cheap/used airbrush set so that even if there's a lot of dust, it won't matter. Also, the paint we used last year, came off the next day. It really only needs to last one day, but longer, would be nice. So, I would love some paint recommendations as well. When fire spinning on playa, there can be a lot of heat, dust, and sweat. There were quite a few tips/tricks I needed to learn when I did henna on the playa. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, a link or reference to a store to buy paints in bulk would be awesome. Bulk meaning, I need to airbrush 30 people this year for our conclave piece. Thanks, DustAngel
dustangel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: HeeBeeGeeBee

Re: Playa friendly/good airbrush sets to buy/and paint?

Postby Savannah » Mon May 21, 2012 12:41 pm

You might try emailing the folks who did the BRC Airbrush 24 Hour Paint-A-Thon last year.

http://playaevents.burningman.com/2011/ ... vent/4534/

Good Luck, & Welcome to ePlaya. :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to 2012 Share Resources