Sticker company recommendation?

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Sticker company recommendation?

Postby haolegolucky » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:23 am

I got an idea for stickers (and who doesn't love stickers?) for this year's burn.

Was hoping I could get some recommendations for a company to use that provides decent stickers for a reasonable price. Looking to make around 200+ and hoping they are waterproof (so they can be used on cars.)

Got any recommendations, especially if you have used the company before?

Mahalo!
haolegolucky

Burning Since: 2005

Re: Sticker company recommendation?

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 am

We use The Sticker Guy out of Reno/Sparks. You can check them out by Googling the name. I am happy with the product but shipping to Hawaii might make it not the bargain that I experienced.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Just_Joe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

If you need small, I can do 1.5" x .5"
Any color you like as long as it's black text on white glossy poly (waterproof) label.
Quantity pricing for 250...... Free.
Attachments
Scan1-003.JPG
Scan1-003.JPG (8.7 KiB) Viewed 636 times
Just_Joe

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Bounce530 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 pm

I can vouch for Weathermans' stickers. I have them plastered everywhere I look...on my phone, in my office, on the fridge, on my water bottles, on the trucks...I even made some magnets out of them.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby LostinReno » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:01 am

Bounce530 wrote:I can vouch for Weathermans' stickers. I have them plastered everywhere I look...on my phone, in my office, on the fridge, on my water bottles, on the trucks...I even made some magnets out of them.

Ha! We have those stuck everywhere too. There's one on our camper that's been there since 2010 and hasn't faded at all (and faces the sun all year in the driveway), in fact I think we still have a strip of them on top of our fridge. LOL. If you want larger vinyl cut decals, PM me, I can put you in contact with another burner that does them.
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:12 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:We use The Sticker Guy out of Reno/Sparks. You can check them out by Googling the name. I am happy with the product but shipping to Hawaii might make it not the bargain that I experienced.

Flat rate USPS shipping hooks it up. $15 for practically a cubic foot of whatever you want shipped. We send bars of soap all the way to Saipan like that.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby stinkyfoot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:29 am

Don't overlook your local businesses. I've always had very good luck contacting local printers and distributors in my town for services. Usually they're very concerned about providing a good service because they know that their success depends on repeat customers and referrals. Use yelp for reviews and always call ahead to a few places to ask for a quote. That way you can talk to them and do some comparison shopping before going with your pick.
stinkyfoot

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 am

stinkyfoot wrote:Don't overlook your local businesses. I've always had very good luck contacting local printers and distributors in my town for services. Usually they're very concerned about providing a good service because they know that their success depends on repeat customers and referrals. Use yelp for reviews and always call ahead to a few places to ask for a quote. That way you can talk to them and do some comparison shopping before going with your pick.

AGREED as well! Aloha a'ina and help keep the Hawaiian economy strong!

I found a few local printers:

http://www.letsgobanners.com/
http://www.doxaprint.com/ - Kauai
http://www.hawaiicolorprinting.com/prin ... abels.html
http://www.madeinhawaii808.com/

Ok.. I'm homesick now.

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Return to 2012 Share Resources