Looking for a camp

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Looking for a camp

Postby englishtom » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 am

Hi guys

I am coming to burning man for the first time this year and all of my group have unfortunatley dropped out!! I am still VERY keen to come but would much prefer to be part of a camp. I am a 30 year old, easy going male from London. I am very happy to help doing work, cooking, working in a bar or pretty much what evers needed! will be in an RV so will need a little space.

the late notice has made it hard to find a camp but if you have availability i will be a great asset.
I will be travelling from san fran and have extra space for a fun individual for a road trip! its a great way to make friends!

i look forward to hearing from you
englishtom

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Looking for a camp

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:25 am

There are 2 people in my camp, you're probbly looking for something more.
But, for those reading your post-
You are renting an RV? Do you require others to chip in on gas, the rental fee, what? When do you plan to leave for the Burn, from where, and when do you plan to return? More often than not, your neighbors will become your camp. They will have a bar you can tend. Don't sweat it going in without a "camp".

If you are offering room in an RV with minimal costs, you will be making many friends on the playa.
Lonesomebri

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby englishtom » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Thank for the reply lonesomebri and the heads up on the massive lack of informative info ive provided!

I have a 5 person RV currently rented but am going to try to down size (imagine going to be difficult!) its still just within the cancelation period so that is an option.
I would hope others will chip in on gas and a small part of the rental fee (unless they also want to stay in in which is a whole other conversation!) to help cover the cost of transport. Im not offering free sleeping space in an RV (ill make friends without having to pay i hope) but will have surpless space if people can offer a camp or meals or some such in return.

I will be leaving from San Fran on maybe Sunday but probably Monday and returning the following sunday or monday.

hopefully this provides more of an idea of whats on offer/what im looking for!
englishtom

Burning Since: 2012

Postby colinrgodsey » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 am

hit up my bud Matt at Camp Juicy. They're in need of last minute campers!

mcwitmer at hotmail dot com
colinrgodsey

Return to 2012 Theme Camps