Looking for Playa Puzzlehunt clue sites

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Looking for Playa Puzzlehunt clue sites

Postby gwillen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Cydonia in Alternative Energy Zone is looking for theme camps, anywhere on the playa, to be clue sites in our playa puzzlehunt.

What's a clue site? You will host some form of puzzle for other Burners to find and solve, whose answer will tell them the next site. There will probably be somewhere between 5 and 20 of these, depending on what level of response I get.

The level of interactivity is entirely up to you. If you have a highly-visible frontage where we can put up a laminated sign with a puzzle on it, or place some sort of puzzle object -- that would be awesome, and you won't have to do anything except let us use it. On the more-involved end of the spectrum, if you are excited to help us develop some sort of interpretive-dance-based puzzle that you can perform for all comers, that's great too!

Our plans are still very open-ended, so if you're interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.

If you definitely do want to volunteer as a site, please PRIVATELY message me, do NOT reply here -- remember, the clue sites are secret and the players have to find them, so that would be telling! But if you have questions or comments I'm happy to answer. :-)

Thanks!
gwillen

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Cydonia

Re: Looking for Playa Puzzlehunt clue sites

Postby gwillen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 am

An update and a bump: I've gotten three of these so far, two in the same village. It would be awesome to get several more. Any takers? All I need is a place to put a laminated poster / a basket of laminated papers / some other form of durable puzzle for people to solve.

PM me to volunteer, or reply here with questions/comments/jeers/cheers/etc. :-)
gwillen

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Cydonia

Return to 2012 Theme Camps