Unofficial Camp Looking for Participants

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Unofficial Camp Looking for Participants

Postby FireLeoJoe » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Check out our plans for an experiment in spontaneous urban planning and development!

A Burning Man Camp

To spontaneously create a community in the Black Rock desert of awesome people who want to help us create a collaborative dome art piece. To contribute art and activity to the playa.

We are a small unofficial camp that plans to build a large dome covered in white canvass. We believe that art is often a collaboration of brilliance so we plan to offer up all different types of paint to anyone who feels like contributing their art to our dome. We hope the dome will be a colorful masterpiece by the end of the week. We want our huge dome to be a sort of blank canvas. So artists and others can come use our different types of paints to paint our dome however they please. We hope our fellow campers will contribute their art to the dome.

In the spirit of fertility burning man is experimenting with some new things this year: “Public plazas are at Kingcup and 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00. We are holding most of the camping space around these plazas unreserved and available for the general public to occupy and maintain as an experiment in spontaneous urban planning and collaboration.” ... index.html
We plan to station our camp at Kingcup and 9:00 and create an awesome spontaneous community.

We are looking for some people to join our super chill and small camp. Our communal space shade dome will be large enough to accommodate 15 people easily and we hope to have 8-10 max for a chill and awesome environment. Please see below what we plan to offer, who we are, and what we are looking for.

What we plan to offer:

1.) A fully private , very nice and functional shower. We will provide a grey water evaporation pond and full privacy. You must provide your own water. Our shower holds 5 gallons of water at a time. The shower will consist of a wood frame. Where you stand will be elevated off the ground. Below the shower will be part of the evaporation pond. there will be a step up to the shower and standing on bamboo 1/2 inch apart the water will drain down below you. The curtains will be made of dark and substantial fabric for privacy.

2.) We are building a 19 foot diameter dome that is 14 feet at its highest location. The dome will be constructed using pine 2x4s. It will be covered with white canvas material. The floors of the dome will be covered in comfortable rugs and carpeting. We plan to have one or two couches and lots of cozy seating with pillows and chairs. There will be a small sound system. This will be the central communal zone of this small camp.The dome will be lit up with lots of different colored lights and decorated with lots of nice fabrics. I also hope to create a alter and meditation space for the mornings.

3.) We are building a complete kitchen with two shade tents for preparing and eating meals. You may use the kitchen whenever you want which will include a sink for washing and all necessary cooking tools and utensils. You should bring your own plate, cup, mug, fork, knife and spoon. The kitchen will also have a bbq and several cooking stoves.

4.) We plan to offer dinner every night to all of our campers at sundown. Our meals will be health conscious, filling and tasty.

5.) Electricity. We want our camp to be lit up at night so we plan to bring a generator. We want lots of different lights all throughout the dome and inside. We also plan to have a stereo system in the dome. There will be a recharging station.

Who we are:

So far we are one dude and two cute girls from the bay area and LA. We are all in our twenties. For all three of us this is either our second or first time at burning man. We want to have all of the creature comforts of a big camp without all of the crowds, chaos, and work. We are trying to build a place where things will be nice and harmonious while also contributing to the playa. We also want to have healthy meals to keep us energized. We hope this spontaneous experiment will allow us to meet and camp with a few new people.

What we are looking for:

1.) A few chill young and fun people to join our camp and share in the communal spaces.

2.) People willing to contribute dues (please PM for details)

3.) Preferably people who this is only their first, second or third years at Burning Man.

4.) We don’t require any work but if someone wants to build a bar and bring it that would be awesome for the dome.

If you are at all interested in joining our experiment in spontaneous community development please email us through this page. We are open minded, caring, awesome and fun people looking to expand our little camp and our worlds in the process.

Love, Respect, Participation, Collaboration and Unity.
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp CollaboOnAgIantPaintExperiment

Re: Unofficial Camp Looking for Participants

Postby hjortlund » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 am

Hi, I read your Camp theme on facebook as here as well . .. seems that the facebook connection doesn´t work right now . ..

I need a place to stay during BM, I am from Danmark and will be using some time with a Danish camp that premotes C02 friendly vehicles. But I will have lots of time to help you decorate you chilly dome, and help with other stuff too. I am 37 years old, but very varm and funny so I socialize good with people with different ages. I love to party but also silence and meditation.

Hope to here from you soon.

Best Regards
Jonas Hjortlund
Burning Since: 2012

Postby more » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:49 am

Greetings! I am currently searching for a chill camp to join for me and my two good buddies. I saw your post and I like what you guys have going on and am definitely interested in joining if you are still looking for people to sign up. We are all good chill people with a penchant for having a good time. I'm a second year burner, hailing from Oakland (dude, 23) and am taking up two virgin burners (dudes, 24-oakland, 26-portland). What are your guys' camp dues? We would be happy to help contribute to the camp with work, supplies, etc, and would be more than happy to build a bar to better serve tasty libations. Anyways, let me know if you guys still need some camp mates, we would love to join up! Cheers!

Postby MODEBRISER » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Hello all!

I'm a virgin burner hailing from dallas this year. I am an architectural intern/designer during the day and an artist too. I am looking to join a camp that is relaxed and open minded but will still provide a tight community atmosphere. I really like your idea of painting the dome, and I think it would make an awesome caravan in the desert feel. I am a great cook and I would love to help set up (AND clean up). I also can bring my skills with building to help make a bar. If you need any help previsualizing I can do cad plans, renders, and help with figuring out bar construction. I currently am bringing a tent that can comfortably fit four people with standing height, so if anyone needs a space or would like to store some things in it that's fine. If you guys are still looking for someone to join your camp I would be very interested. I will pm you shortly.

Thanks, and regardless of whether or not we camp together I'm sure it will be great to bump into your camp!

Lauren :mrgreen:
Burning Since: 2012

Postby linzee » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey guys!

My boyfriend and I are looking for a camp to adventure with for our second burn and what you guys have planned sounds boss! We are both in our mid 20s, live in Oregon, and are down to help contribute with dues, set-up, preparation, etc. If you still have room available, you can hit me up at, or facebook me at

Much love!

Postby skorpiyostyle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:23 pm

hi there, all my friends backed out on me this year and i'm not really up for going alone and i would be interested in learning more about your camp. im a 23 year old female and i live about 2 hours from the bay. this will be my third burn and I have a great costume collection :) let me know if you are still looking for members~!
Burning Since: 2010

Return to 2012 Theme Camps