4 Canadians seek shelter!

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

4 Canadians seek shelter!

Postby caveatlector » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a theme camp with 4 spaces free. I've personally been to the burn once, and the others are virgins. We're motivated, and happy to volunteer for art projects or whatever camp duties may arise. I'm sending direct inquires out to camps via the list on the Burning Man site, but I figure it might be good to hedge my bets and post here too.

Thanks!

Joshua
-----

)|( POEE )'(
caveatlector

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Arctica Ice Sales

Re: 4 Canadians seek shelter!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 am

Please, add some more detail to your post. Make people realize that this is a great opportunity for them.
(Or don't. I don't have a dog in this fight. It's just a suggestion.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby FireLeoJoe » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Hello brother. You should check out our small camp. We have the plans to make this awesome and since our project involves spontaneous urban and art creation we are looking to have more people that we don't know at our camp than do know. We want to make some awesome new friends on the playa from all over the world. Check us out on facebook we need to add at least 6 more people.
https://www.facebook.com/CampCollaboPaint
FireLeoJoe

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp CollaboOnAgIantPaintExperiment

Postby caveatlector » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi theCryptofishish...

Adding some detail is a great idea. Okay, how's this:

We're from Toronto Canada, travelling through Vegas and then up to the Burn. Our initial camp plans evaporated in heat of the playa, so we're hoping to find some accommodations elsewhere.

We are...

Josh: Chaos clown and Dance Commander
Robyn: Philosopher-Goddess and Psychonaut.
Claire: Intrepid Inner-Space Explorer
Olivia: Dauntless cARTographer

I'm the only experienced burner of the group, but the rest are excited to be active participants in the entire event and in a good theme camp. We're happy to volunteer in various duties around the camp and be active in whatever art projects may arise. We'll be arriving on the Monday morning, and will stay right to the last night of the burn. There are three tents between the four of us, so we don't have a very large footprint, and are probably going to be able to fit wherever you put us.

If you've got room in your camp for 4 wayward Canadians, please respond!

Thanks!

Joshua
-----

)|( POEE )'(
caveatlector

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Arctica Ice Sales

Postby Rice » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm

caveatlector wrote:Hi theCryptofishish...

Adding some detail is a great idea. Okay, how's this:

We're from Toronto Canada, travelling through Vegas and then up to the Burn. Our initial camp plans evaporated in heat of the playa, so we're hoping to find some accommodations elsewhere.

We are...

Josh: Chaos clown and Dance Commander
Robyn: Philosopher-Goddess and Psychonaut.
Claire: Intrepid Inner-Space Explorer
Olivia: Dauntless cARTographer

I'm the only experienced burner of the group, but the rest are excited to be active participants in the entire event and in a good theme camp. We're happy to volunteer in various duties around the camp and be active in whatever art projects may arise. We'll be arriving on the Monday morning, and will stay right to the last night of the burn. There are three tents between the four of us, so we don't have a very large footprint, and are probably going to be able to fit wherever you put us.

If you've got room in your camp for 4 wayward Canadians, please respond!

Thanks!

Joshua

Hi caveatlector, Welcome to ePlaya!!!

Have you made contact with your local region/regional rep?? I know that there are several groups from TO that head out to BRC every year. Here is a link to the regional contact: http://regionals.burningman.com/ca_ont.html

I know camping in your own camp seems like a daunting prospect, but that is possible as well. Heck, I have driven down from Saskatoon and been able to pull it off. Your best bet is to talk to some other local burners and go from there.

Good luck in your quest.

http://www.skeffigy.ca
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby CornMan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 pm

The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby zifra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

I sent you a private message. Did you see it?

Zifra
Zifra
100'th Monkey Camp
G at 8:45
Black Rock City 2012

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Return to 2012 Theme Camps