Looking for people to camp with!

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Looking for people to camp with!

Postby nickiestardust » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey all,

I just managed to get a ticket. I can't wait for my second time at Burning Man!

I have an RV reservation -- it's for a 30 ft. RV, and I need people to fill it with. Ideally would like to have 3 other people join me. I'd prefer if these "roommates" be from NYC (I'm based in NYC). Sound interesting to you or someone you might know?

Alternatively, (and actually preferably) I'm open to joining another RV and chipping in with that. I'm really responsible and easy going, and obviously we could meet up soon to see if we vibe.

Thanks for letting me know guys!
nickiestardust

Burning Since: 2011

Re: Looking for people to camp with!

Postby C187 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Welcome to eplaya.

For those out in internet land wondering, would you be willing to provide more information?
Is your RV reservation in NYC; will you be driving it out from NYC if that's the case? Or is the reservation elsewhere?
When were you planing on showing up, and leaving?

Tell us about you, we want to know.

If you are looking for NY burners, it might be a good idea to check out your regional group as well.
Good Luck
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby nickiestardust » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:12 am

Thanks for the guidance.

So, my reservation is for a pick up August 27th, return Sept. 4th, from San Francisco (SFO). I prefer camping with people from NYC so we can meet each other before and coordinate most easily.

A little about myself. I'm a 32 year old female who is fun, easy going, but very responsible. It's my second time to Burning Man, but I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means. I'm really looking forward to going, but want to find a group of likeminded people with whom I can share this RV soon so I can rest assured I know who I'm staying with.

As I mentioned I have this RV reservation and am debating whether or not to keep it, but I'd also be incredibly open to joining someone else's RV. I'm happy to divulge more information about myself if you are interested in the basic premise of what I"m describing above. Thanks all!
nickiestardust

Burning Since: 2011

Postby trilobyte » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:32 am

Hi and welcome to the boards. I'm moving this to the 2011 theme camps board, since that's a better fit for this thread. Please take a look at the threads there about joining or startinga camp, as well as look around at some of the camps that are posting that they'relooking for new members. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Rice » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 pm

trilobyte wrote:Hi and welcome to the boards. I'm moving this to the 2011 theme camps board, since that's a better fit for this thread. Please take a look at the threads there about joining or startinga camp, as well as look around at some of the camps that are posting that they'relooking for new members. Good luck!

Uh, would that be the 2012 Theme Camps board??
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby C187 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm

nickiestardust wrote:Thanks for the guidance.

No problem, and best of luck.

stretch80 wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Hi and welcome to the boards. I'm moving this to the 2011 theme camps board, since that's a better fit for this thread. Please take a look at the threads there about joining or startinga camp, as well as look around at some of the camps that are posting that they'relooking for new members. Good luck!

Uh, would that be the 2012 Theme Camps board??

Better question is, what ever happened to the ride-share board (the eplaya one, that is)?

Oh, that reminds me...
nickiestardust wrote:I'm really looking forward to going, but want to find a group of likeminded people with whom I can share this RV soon so I can rest assured I know who I'm staying with.

...you could also make a posting on the BM ride-share page.
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Return to 2012 Theme Camps