LonerVille for those coming alone

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

LonerVille for those coming alone

Postby LonerDave » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 am

Are you coming alone to Burning Man? Have you attended alone in the past?

Then this may be the place for you. I plan on attending alone this year but not being alone once I get there.

Post your thoughts, comments and concerns.

If you have attended alone in the past your input is welcome too.

The general idea here would be to see the interest in a general Loner camp area, if we can generate enough interest we can see if we can figure a spoke to occupy.
See you in BRC soon...
LonerDave

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: No Camp

Re: LonerVille for those coming alone

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:12 am

Sounds like a wonderful idea. Orphan/Endorphin and similier camps have resulted in a lot of people having great experiences.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Anduare » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:27 pm

This sounds like a great idea... Why the hell haven't you gotten any responses. Even if it's just a bunch of singles camping next to each other, that would work for me. Beats going alone and realizing you didn't have anyone to share the burn with. Perhaps the theme will grow from it.

Sign me up... Oh yeah, wait, I have to finish my planning... Flight, ticket, ride and a thousand other things. Anyone want to share an RV?
Anduare

Burning Since: 2012

Postby CornMan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Sounds like a wonderful idea. Orphan/Endorphin and similier camps have resulted in a lot of people having great experiences.

Yes, the first year for Orphan Camp, no member ever met another member before showing up on the playa. It was a great experience. Good luck with your camp.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby MrBeardy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:57 am

I like this idea! This year I'll be making my way to the dusty playa pretty much solo with a plan to meet up with some fellow burner friends here and there, (possibly camp with). Contacted a couple solo groups but they were mostly at capacity for their space. My plans are wishy washy for a spot to camp as of now, but most likely centrally located-ish. 7:30 and J last year, but would like to get a bit closer this year to make the water refills and the camp relay a little less of a trek. happy planning and I shall check back to see if there is more interest in this in the days to come!
MrBeardy

Postby Lonesomebri » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 am

When I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.
Lonesomebri

Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby Mr. Flintstone » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 pm

camping solo this year! Setting up at 9:30 & D. showing up friday pre event.
Mr. Flintstone

Postby TeslaLL » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 am

I would absolutely love a loner camp! Is this really happening or is it just getting kicked around as an idea?

It's weird, in default world I treasure solitude and love being alone, but once I hit playa I crave the company of other people. And this year I have no camp, so me want people!
TeslaLL

Postby MrBeardy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

Giving this thread a little bump to see if there is anyone still flying solo, with a friend or two, as well as possibly materialize this said camp, Lonerville or join another. I'm travelling out there solo or possibly with a friend if we can score a ticket for her and she is able to get out there for the burn. I'm a big fan of the 4:30-7:30 neck of the woods where the theme camps havent plotted landspace(and a little distance from the bass for when rest is in order). It also allows a different path to the playa every time you are ready for a new adventure. I plan to start getting dusty late night Sunday/earlier Monday morning to get my dome assembled before the midday heat(I got it up solo in the test run, heyoooooooo!). The dome will be my partial sleep space, partial hammock relaxation reboot station. I'm self-sufficient food/shelter-wise, but always down to lend a hand to those around me. Shoot that PM or post away you crazy dusty mammals!
MrBeardy

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 am

For some reasons these camps just warm the cockles of my two-chambered heart. Do it. If you want someone to chat and have breakfast with. If you want a helping hand with the tent. If you want to be connected to people you meet more than once. If you don't want to deal with a lot of theme camp hastle--this is a very good way to go.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby MrBeardy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:36 am

I agree Crypto, I think this has to happen! So who's a loner or has always dreamed of becoming one??
MrBeardy

Postby mudpuppy000 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:43 pm

I think it's getting pretty full at this point but we have a orphan spin off camp this year too. (orphan IV)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/406825406026912/

Last year we ended up having two spin offs who merged in with the main Orphan/Endorphan camp this year. Whatever you guys do, make sure and drop by our pub at 4:15 and B! :)
Orphan Endorphin Camp
Micro/Homebrew - Infused Vodkas - Magic Goats
http://orphanendorphin.com/
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby MrBeardy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks for the camp info! I will be sure to check out your camp with myself and whoever else we round up as well as provide coordinates for ours once finalized! Safe travels to the playa
MrBeardy

Postby stanley » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I come alone every year. Will try & stop by the camp and say hi.
stanley

Postby atlantis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 pm

I also love this idea. I am coming early - Sunday morning - for Ranger training, by myself. My buddies (and their RV) are not showing up until Wednesday. I would love to join lonerville, and when my friends do show up, maybe they can park their RV next door.
I'd be particularly interested in discussing shade structure assistance. I am willing to pay for and bring materials, but am not at all construction-minded and truly would not venture to put one up myself. If someone(s) can help me with that, I can help with whatever - ice hauls, tent set up, makeup, etc. etc.
So, please keep me posted!
atlantis

Burning Since: 2007

Postby MrBeardy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:27 pm

As I didn't get a lot of response to my last post, I opted to join Orphan Endorphins satellite camp, which there are now several of. I believe the latest group has begun to form and here is the facebook group if you have one https://www.facebook.com/groups/333867116704876/ , if you don't I commend you and can find another way to get you in touch with the group!
MrBeardy

Postby mudpuppy000 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Orphan IV has filled up. Don't cry, though, Orphan V is now forming! :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/333867116704876/
Orphan Endorphin Camp
Micro/Homebrew - Infused Vodkas - Magic Goats
http://orphanendorphin.com/
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Return to 2012 Theme Camps