3 hard workers will help theme camp in OR or WA

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

3 hard workers will help theme camp in OR or WA

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Three virgin burners willing to help with theme camp in Oregon or Washington state. Do not need a place to camp, just want to help if there is need. I have everything we need to make our own camp, no issues there. I just know that so many theme camp burners did not get tickets and since we did we can help with money and time if there are anyone that needs us. If not no worries and we will just be foot loose and fancy free with no commitments. Not trying to gain anything except being as good of a community member as we can. Mature, responsible and know what hard work is:-) If you need us we are here!

I know we cannot replace friends or burning man family and we are not trying to. Just trying to make the best of a serious situation and willing to give our all to help out.
inthecolumbiagorge

Re: 3 hard workers will help theme camp in OR or WA

Postby Pop_Tart » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:56 pm

I hope a camp up north takes you three up on your offer. Tis a very noble thing to do, and truely shows your readiness to embrace the Burner Spirit!

-PoptArt
Pop_Tart

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: MalMart

Postby PapaBear2120 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

RevoFuckinLution is planning on registering and seeing what happens in the next few months.
We're a Eugene based crew.
We usually run a bar serving copious amounts of kegs from our local brewer. PM me if you want more info etc.
Cheers!
-Papa Bear
I'm only an asshole on the Playa. Especially when you give me a megaphone.
PapaBear2120

Postby bucephalus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 am

Maybe you (we) should start a camp for generalist virgins who want to help but have no basis for making a decision of which camp to join! I would sign up in a heartbeat!
bucephalus

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Keep an eye on this thread, hopefully you're able to find an awesome camp in your area that can use your help!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm

After lots of soul searching on whether we actually would attend this year due to the ticketing decisions of BMORG my family decided to go for it, so 2012 is my year to FINALLY burn! Spoke with about 6 different theme camps about joining but we are an industrious bunch and we thought since there are so many virgins this year we will have our own totally virgin theme camp:-) I submitted the plan yesterday for the Black Rock City Parks and Recreation theme camp by virgins so we will see if we get placed or not, but regardless we will be there in our full virgin force!

Our plan is for a family oriented playground camp and will include foot powered "yabadabadoo" bumper cars and bumper car ring, revolving teeter totters, swings, park benches with misted shade, body and face painting as well as amazing playa wear we have crafted ourselves to gift, and a craft table with supplies to make Black Rock City souvenirs/memorabilia to keep or gift. We are a family unit, middle aged adults with adult children, pretty mellow, and uber prepared. We have pretty much everything we need, I am not looking for money, just for participation. We live in WA state but that does not really matter unless you do live anywhere close and want to help build the bumper cars and ring but we will have it all done regardless. To participate on playa you just need to be there and commit to help out by being in the camp for shifts you can sign up for. Since we are new there is no chance of any of the BMORG's distributed tickets so we cannot offer that, but if you are a ticketed virgin, not too crazy rowdy, feel you could commit to manning the playground at certain times and want to camp with very organized happy campers let me know. Single virgin burners that were lucky enough to get a ticket, you are totally welcome to go with us as well as families or couples or anyone else for that matter. With that said, none of us really want to babysit folks that are unprepared or do not know how to maintain so please keep that in mind. While we would of course help any other person in need, I really do not want to be holding your hair back while you are puking with a hangover...at least not repeatedly:-) We are open and nonjudgmental however and if you can maintain whatever makes your hair fly back is fine with us! We may have a alter abled registered vehicle if we can manage it and if anyone joins and is coming from the NW extra transportation for the playground rides would be helpful but again we will manage if not.

So....putting it out there....any virgins want to participate in a big way your first year let us know!
inthecolumbiagorge

Postby DrYes » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Thumbs up gorge-guy. Tired of hearing people accuse virgins of not contributing.
Burning Man 2013 video || Burning Man 2013 photos
Burning Man 2012 video
Burning Man 2011 video

"We'll never leave, look at us now, so in love with the way we are."
DrYes

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Tasty Bits (w/ the Stimulus Tree)

Return to 2012 Theme Camps