Martinis and Cal Tjader, Nina Simone, Dave Brubeck, etc.

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Martinis and Cal Tjader, Nina Simone, Dave Brubeck, etc.

Postby inog » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 am

I was thinking about setting up a small sound system and spending a few evenings focusing on the likes of Cal Tjader, Gene Ammons, Nina Simone, Dave Bruback, etc. Something basic and along the lines of a retro-lounge feel. Not “chill” but “true.” I do not need a camp, I roll this party out monthly at home and weekly in the summer, but I think it would be fun to do at Burning Man... and different for sure. I know there are several villages where this type of thing might fit in better than others.

So, while I am comfortably self-sufficient, if there is any place I should look to be affiliated with, or close to, I am happy to lend my efforts to contribute to a larger unit and coordinate with others. I can appreciate how with the new ticketing system some camps or villages may be looking to accumulate a critical mass.

If you think my little retro lounge may add to the experience you are trying to build, drop me a line.

To be clear: I do not plan to set up anything complex or loud. This is some shade, a carpet, some chairs and low tables. Basically what you would find in my back yard on an average summer evening, only dustier. There will of course be a service of old fashioneds and a gin bar, and I will bring a few of my hookahs to round out the experience. All are welcome to stop by.
inog

Re: Martinis and Cal Tjader, Nina Simone, Dave Brubeck, etc.

Postby tamarakay » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:31 am

This does sound like fun, let us know where you end up!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Martinis and Cal Tjader, Nina Simone, Dave Brubeck, etc.

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 am

Looking for the "LIKE" button!
inthecolumbiagorge

Return to 2012 Theme Camps