Theme Camp Cancelation Announcement Thread

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: Theme Camp Cancelation Announcement Thread

Postby tamarakay » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:35 am

AntiM wrote:
Badger, BBadger, who has the wrong Badger?

Does this game ever get old?

We could make it into a game show theme camp! Or a game similar to duck, duck, goose! badger, bbadger, iso!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby 5280MeV » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:43 am

AntiM wrote:Badger, BBadger, who has the wrong Badger?

Mushroom

Mushroom

Relevant: http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
5280MeV

Postby grenadine » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 pm

SNAKE!!!!
grenadine

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby Smenkare » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:21 am

Very few members of my theme camp got.tolickets this year. I believe those who did are still going, but looking to join other camps. The rest of us are going to do stuff for our regional burn. After last years slip and slide accidents its going to be a toss up between cannibal bird camp and safety helmet camp.
That which does not kill you makes you stranger.
Smenkare

Burning Since: 2011

Postby dirtstu » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 pm

In keeping with the subject of this thread...
Camp Spank of America will not be attending in 2012!
No I am not whining...and I know not our theme camp nor will any other theme camp make or break anyone's thought of going or not going.
Sure we could continue to play the ticket game and see if our camp is worthy to be a recipient of ONE ticket in the 10K allotment.
Sure we could play the STEP game. But we are done with the whole ticket process this year.
The reasons are many that we have chosen to cancel this year but ticketing is the major factor.

Camp Spank of America evolved from the 2008 American Dream theme and now is in transition, abstaining from this year's Futility .12 experiment in social economics!

Hopefully returning in 2013

Peace my dusty friends
Harry Nutz
Camp Spank of America
dirtstu

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Spank of America

Postby A Jester » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:Our themecamp of 30 people is cancelling our plans on registering and providing for the community. We were planning on going super big this year and bringing shade, domes, fire and food. Due to a threat from the Black Rock Rangers made openly on eplaya we cannot register for fear of our campmates being falsely arrested by corrupt law enforcement.

If anyone is concerned about the detail contained in the threat the thread was titled occupy brc tickets and was created by someone not affiliated with our camp. The threat was made by Badger of the Black Rock Rangers.

I'm pretty sure if this is your grasp on reality, anyone who talked you out of going to the desert may have saved your life. I can just see you sitting out by the trash fence, claiming that the CIA and the Lamplighters have poisoned all your water supply and so you're going to bury yourself in dust and spend the night in the deep playa.

"But don't you think you'll get run over?"

"THE MASONS GAVE ME SYPHILIS! What else can I do but impersonate a speed bump? Don't you get it? They have birds of prey, hawks, falcons, owls.. they're all out here watching us!"

What's really amazing is that you expect us to believe that 30 people are as delusional as you are.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby Marscrumbs » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:50 am

Knowing which camps are folding helps my planning what mega gifts to leave behind...had I gotten a ticket. part of my way of contributing. Also things like bunny ears, home made absinthe, lost and found art oddities, anchovy snacks for penguins, used books for the former BRC book mobile, stuff like that that gave me continuity in planning. Ok, change happens.
Marscrumbs

Previous

Return to 2012 Theme Camps