Theme Camp Cancelation Announcement Thread

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Theme Camp Cancelation Announcement Thread

Postby 1durphul » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Since so many camps were so completely decimated by the lottery perhaps what we really need is a thread for theme camps to announce that they aren't going to make it this year. Keep your anger out of the thread, and please keep the drift to a minimum. This is really just for informational purposes, not an act of protest. If you have the numbers and want to post them please also include camp size (# of people), and your estimated ticket holder percentage from the lottery.
1durphul

Re: Theme Camp Cancelation Announcement Thread

Postby 1durphul » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:34 pm

MyCamp 10 people, 0%
1durphul

Postby AKDMAN » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Kokopellis Morning After Pill Camp 10% got tickets, the ticket holders decided to not go ahead with the camp, instead they will host another camp

Kokopellis Milf Camp, serving fresh raw milk and cookies
The Spenard Bar 2.0
We did this shit already, but fuck it, lets do it again
AKDMAN

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 pm

1durphul wrote:they aren't going to make it this year.

Why wont they? There are still tickets out there and still have 200 days to get them. People will back out ect. This lottery is not the end of the world kids. Just like BMORG said they are working on a way to get camps to the playa.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby wraith » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:
1durphul wrote:they aren't going to make it this year.

Why wont they? There are still tickets out there and still have 200 days to get them. People will back out ect. This lottery is not the end of the world kids. Just like BMORG said they are working on a way to get camps to the playa.

That's a lot of 'if' to balance months of work and thousands of bucks in investment on, is likely why.
wraith

Postby alt12 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 pm

1durphul wrote:Since so many camps were so completely decimated by the lottery perhaps what we really need is a thread for theme camps to announce that they aren't going to make it this year. Keep your anger out of the thread, and please keep the drift to a minimum. This is really just for informational purposes, not an act of protest. If you have the numbers and want to post them please also include camp size (# of people), and your estimated ticket holder percentage from the lottery.

Jesus, do we really need another poor-me "I'm taking my ball and going home" whine-fest/tempter tantrum ? Can't we just keep this to the ticketing thread. It is nice to be on playa and NOT be reminded of the ticketing disaster every 2 seconds.....We get it. Some camps got few tickets.... There is a lovely thread for that in the ticketing forum....

PS - I'm saying this as someone not awarded a ticket in a fairly large theme camp that is till waiting to see how things shake out...
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Token » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:47 pm

alt12 wrote:
1durphul wrote:Since so many camps were so completely decimated by the lottery perhaps what we really need is a thread for theme camps to announce that they aren't going to make it this year. Keep your anger out of the thread, and please keep the drift to a minimum. This is really just for informational purposes, not an act of protest. If you have the numbers and want to post them please also include camp size (# of people), and your estimated ticket holder percentage from the lottery.

Jesus, do we really need another poor-me "I'm taking my ball and going home" whine-fest/tempter tantrum ? Can't we just keep this to the ticketing thread. It is nice to be on playa and NOT be reminded of the ticketing disaster every 2 seconds.....We get it. Some camps got few tickets.... There is a lovely thread for that in the ticketing forum....

PS - I'm saying this as someone not awarded a ticket in a fairly large theme camp that is till waiting to see how things shake out...

Why you gotta bag on people that are depressed about their predicament?

Kick em while they're down?

Dick move on your part. Let them vent, take your own happy pill and piss off.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby alt12 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Token wrote:
alt12 wrote:

Why you gotta bag on people that are depressed about their predicament?

Kick em while they're down?

Dick move on your part. Let them vent, take your own happy pill and piss off.

Just tired of hearing about this everywhere. When I want to rant or hear rants, I go to the ticketing forum.... I was just thinking how nice it was to have the 2012 Theme Camps section be such an oasis from the ticketing clusterfuck until I started seeing these pop-up.... Is there anywhere on ePlaya that we don't have to be bombarded with reminders about how fucked everything got this year???? Should I expect a rant section in the Q&A/Tips & Tricks forum as well? Let some of us have some peace.... Like I said, I am down there with them... I don't have a ticket and don't know if I will be going. It would nice not to be reminded of this every 2 seconds.... that's all....
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby International Incident » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:03 pm

alt12 wrote:Just tired of hearing about this everywhere. When I want to rant or hear rants, I go to the ticketing forum.... I was just thinking how nice it was to have the 2012 Theme Camps section be such an oasis from the ticketing clusterfuck until I started seeing these pop-up.... Is there anywhere on ePlaya that we don't have to be bombarded with reminders about how fucked everything got this year???? Should I expect a rant section in the Q&A/Tips & Tricks forum as well? Let some of us have some peace.... Like I said, I am down there with them... I don't have a ticket and don't know if I will be going. It would nice not to be reminded of this every 2 seconds.... that's all....

+1000
just keep telling the whinging peeps to go back to the ticketing threads - and come and join in the open discussion threads and have a drink.

It will all be ok!

*edited to fix quote
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Token » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Well fuck me for not noticing the sub-forum. You do make a good point.

I never go to the individual forums ever since Trillo went crazy with OCD. I just clicks the "new posts" link.

My bad.

So, yeah. Stop yer fuckin' whining in the wrong forum!
Token

Postby tattoogoddess » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:13 pm

I don't have a ticket and im not freaking out. I have went ahead and gotten a train ticket and taken time off of work. We still have 7 months to get tickets!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

:roll:
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Lassen Forge » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:24 pm

OMFG, the only people in our camp to get tickets are doing something else this year... so we're at ZERO PERCENT.

So f'n what... WE'LL be there, even if we have to set up a dome off Jungo Road and be there ourselves.

We got over HALF A YEAR to get tix. Wanna take your ball and go home? GOOD - Leaves more room for those of us who aren't afraid to pull a smaller, tighter, and leaner camp off.

DO YOU REMEMBER - the FIRST year you did your camp? You weren't half as scared as you are now, and you had 1000x more obstacles to clear. You did it then... and you want to back out because of a flacking HICCUP???

We'll see YOU on the playa, TatGoddess... Shots at Sunset, Kantina Apokiliptika.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Token » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote: Leaves more room for those of us who aren't afraid to pull a smaller, tighter, and leaner camp off.

Can my camp be next? Please?
Token

Postby Risky » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Later on we can add the camps that did not receive placement to this list.
Risky

Postby Lassen Forge » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:10 pm

And those who got tix for everyone but Kamp Mayor... So the Kamp will nyet to happen... PEH!!!

And Komrade Token, you will have to wait in Line... as is, we are occupied being occupiers, so we can to you send company Yak for service. Please expect 462-508 week for delivery once payment of 120 Krugerrands and 6 tickets have been verified received to zeekret Numbered Cayman Island Account.

Until then we shall set up "Dial-a-baba" linq, via TransSoviet Communications Company.

She is excited to be waiting... for YOU!
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm

alt12 wrote:
1durphul wrote:Since so many camps were so completely decimated by the lottery perhaps what we really need is a thread for theme camps to announce that they aren't going to make it this year. Keep your anger out of the thread, and please keep the drift to a minimum. This is really just for informational purposes, not an act of protest.

Jesus, do we really need another poor-me "I'm taking my ball and going home" whine-fest/tempter tantrum ? Can't we just keep this to the ticketing thread.

Here's a helpful hint, friend.

Read the subject of the thread and if you don't like it, don't participate in the discussion.

Hope that helps.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby theduskah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Greetings folks! Lots of people getting off topic here it seems like. Anyway....

I put together The Master-BASS-Sin Station last year. Out of the 30 or so people from our camp, I think maybe 6 got tickets (me not included). We are going to downsize substantially this year and team up with some other folks. No sound, but the bar, which was the best part of our camp, will be there in full effect! Now I just gotta figure out this ticket thing!
Yo people! Check out soundcloud.com/dubble_penetration for some free tunes and things! Thanks!
theduskah

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Our themecamp of 30 people is cancelling our plans on registering and providing for the community. We were planning on going super big this year and bringing shade, domes, fire and food. Due to a threat from the Black Rock Rangers made openly on eplaya we cannot register for fear of our campmates being falsely arrested by corrupt law enforcement.

If anyone is concerned about the detail contained in the threat the thread was titled occupy brc tickets and was created by someone not affiliated with our camp. The threat was made by Badger of the Black Rock Rangers.
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Go bury your head in the dirt, troll, and get your facts straight.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Mojojita » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Oh boy.... you are making a big mistake confusing "BBadger" with "Badger" and simultaneously badmouthing the Rangers. Where is ISO when you need her? (Pssst.... Black Rock Rangers are not law enforcement...)

I'm pulling up a lawn chair and passing out popcorn for this one.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 pm

This isn't the first time he has gone through this example of personal ineptitude.

He was already told the facts about who is who, but it appears that he is developmentally disabled, and will continue licking the glass on the rear window of the bus just because he like the pretty streaks it leaves behind.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Mojojita » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Damn it, I miss all the good parts....

Want some popcorn Dick?
Mojojita

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Yes, I do...got any of that white cheddar shakey stuff?
oneeyeddick

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:54 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:This isn't the first time he has gone through this example of personal ineptitude.

He was already told the facts about who is who, but it appears that he is developmentally disabled, and will continue licking the glass on the rear window of the bus just because he like the pretty streaks it leaves behind.

Screen wipes, fucker. Pure gold.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:06 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:This isn't the first time he has gone through this example of personal ineptitude.

Its become obvious that Badger is developmentaly disabled no matter what account he posts under. But the threats made in the ticket thread are just outrageous. To threaten to collude with law enforcement in order to invent a false arrest of a participant is just out of control. Censorship has to be stopped, PERIOD. Initially I didnt take the thrats of burning tents and whatnot seriously when they were made via skype. But now that serious threats are being made on an open forum I am going to have to take it seriously. Condoning theft of private property is one thing, threatening to abuse your position with the Black Rock Rangers in order to get someone locked up with a invented case is alot more serious.
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby Jackass » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:16 pm

98.jpg
98.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby Mojojita » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:40 pm

I think beer would be good with the popcorn - How bout a Pilzner Urquell Dick? This is sick! Like a good old fashioned train wreck... or NASCAR...
Mojojita

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 pm

BRCP is some of the best entertainment this side of the certain meltdown threads a few months back. Quick, someone toss another bone.

*wipes the microbrew froth from chin and tosses another handful of popcorn back*
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Token » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Dammit, a perfectly good handjob joke goes unnoticed kuz some jagovv got sand in his vagina!

Fucking blows гласност!
Token

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:

Its become obvious that Badger is developmentaly disabled no matter what account he posts under. But the threats made in the ticket thread are just outrageous. To threaten to collude with law enforcement in order to invent a false arrest of a participant is just out of control. Censorship has to be stopped, PERIOD. Initially I didnt take the thrats of burning tents and whatnot seriously when they were made via skype. But now that serious threats are being made on an open forum I am going to have to take it seriously. Condoning theft of private property is one thing, threatening to abuse your position with the Black Rock Rangers in order to get someone locked up with a invented case is alot more serious.

Badger, BBadger, who has the wrong Badger?

Does this game ever get old?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Next

Return to 2012 Theme Camps