BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby BASShenge » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm

[image removed]

Stonehenge.
Literally: The Hanging Rock. A mysterious circle of towering granite blocks, some of them 100 feet tall up to 20 feet tall and 50 tons heavy and some of them not much bigger than you.

Although the specific reasons for construction are unknown; the site has been used for rituals, burials, ceremonies and it predicted the seasons and other astronomical events with seemingly impeccable accuracy.

Monumental, meticulous and mathematically miraculous; Stonehenge is an epic undertaking of headache-inducing proportions, built methodically over 1600 years and still standing today.

It is, very easily, one of the greatest examples of architecture and art. And, this unimaginably complex piece of ARTchitecture seems to ensnare all the senses… except one.

Whoever built Stonehenge, be it people, angels or aliens, gifted to us a breathtaking experience for which we are thankful but we feel, through our immeasurable gratitude and awe, that something is missing;

IT NEEDS MORE BASS.

BASShenge is a tribute to a World Wonder. Huge monolithic stones placed in two circles, a path leading to the circles from the northeast and we are going to flatter this boggling creation in the most sincere fashion known to man: imitation.

With one slight adjustment; we’re replacing the Some of theStone in Stonehenge with 100,000 watts of BASS.
Huge speakers varying in size and shape will help comprise the imitation stone blocks we are using to recreate Stonehenge. You see, all we want to do to The Hanging Rock is add more Rock.And maybe throw a raging party on a timeless landmark.

To that end we have: Artists from a wide variance of musical and artistic genres, large scale (150' Diameter, 20' & 14' Stones )lighting that will include over 120 LEDS lighting the outer ring of stones, pyrotechnics and fire art, crop circles projected on the surrounding playa, interactive art displays and multiple circus, performance, and fire troupes. This project is currently underway and will be presented at Burning Man 2012 In Correct Alignment with the sun, stars and the moon..

BASShenge
Hang with BASS.

http://www.BASShenge.org
http://www.facebook.com/BASShenge.2012
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/persepsion/basshenge-brc-2012-0
BASShenge@gmail.com

[edited by moderator 12/29/11]
BASShenge

Re: BASSHENGE Wants You In 2012

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:21 am

Awesome! Sounds like what Sol System did a few years ago.

Hang on a second, 100 feet tall? I think you've got your proportions a little messed up. Sure there's been some weather erosion over the years, but there's no way that any of that structure approached anything close to that height. I think you mean circle of stones that's 100 feet (30 meters) in diameter - the big stones are only around 5 meters tall.

Have you actually gotten permission to dig a massive ditch on the playa?
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:43 am

HERES WHERE I COME IN AND SAY FUCK THIS SHIT!

from their sponsor reward program:

"And the big one. The big cheese. The big kahuna, you get the idea... Receive a custom BASShenge Photo Postcard, Dogtag, DVD, 2 handmade BASShenge Druid Cloaks, 2 showers on playa in our custom built shower facility including handmade soaps from a fellow burner and a custom BASShenge towel, massages in our holistic healing area, Meals for an entire week served on the playa by our gourmet chef, Chauffeur service in our art car, Housing in our camp for the entire week, and all-access to BASShenge camp and stage. We will also engrave your name into the BASShenge structure."

FUCK THIS BUYING OF VIP STATUS...FUCK KICKSTARTER...FUCK YOU!

what total bullshit.....do not ask me to fund your party, do it yourself you assholes, and dont offer SCHWAG to to the "whales" to get them to donate, what the fuck? is this VEGAS?

the beginning of the fucking end.....disgusting.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, IT'S AUGUST!!!

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 am

so much for de-commidification...

Dear Large Sound Camps and Large Art Projects.

Offering VIP service and Status to Big Donors is FUCKING SLEAZIER THAN FUNDAMENTAL EVANGELICALS ASKING FOR MONEY.

if you want to destroy burning man, this is a sure fire way to do so.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby AntiM » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:15 am

No mint on my pillow, no deal.

Where's Peter Griffin when you need him?
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 am

pure, unadulterated defaultia horse puckey.

please, keep this shit in your crappy clubs with your bullshit $300 bottle service in your VIP back rooms and don't bring it to the playa.

i for one, will not be frequenting your cocaine stained consumer camp.

unless of course, i get one of those custom towels AND a mint on my pillow AND a blow job from Christophe (camp founder) after he takes out his teeth.

and some free tix to the new cirque de soliel, you know, the gay sexy one...

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby EspressoDude » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:32 am

wow, another fucking sound camp with 100,000 watts of dumbstep....no doubt another red moop zone. Hopefully location will be 11:00 and 60000 feet

Oh, and pyrotechnics...not gonna happen in any camp

art cars are not allowed at Burning Man...Mutant Vehicles are allowed.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:41 am

here's the thing, i'm friends with some of these people, but i have no problem calling a turd a turd, and begging for money for a fucking sound camp is a giant fucking turd...

especially when you couple it with VIP bribery....OOOOOOOH, i want a custom basshenge Druid Cloak....

please...

lets nip this fucking trend in the bud RIGHT NOW.

DEAR SOUND CAMPS AND LARGE ART PROJECTS.

RAISE YOUR CASH, FINE, BUT DO NOT MAKE IT A PAY TO PLAY PLAYA YOU DICKHEADS!

show some small sign that you actually have a fucking clue.

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks for pointing out all the VIP bullshit y'all, I confess I did not read beyond the level one reward which includes a dog tag if you slap a BASSHENGE sticker on the real Stonehenge. Yeah, really. What's next, MEGAWATT stickers on Angkor Wat? Defacing venerable monuments is not cool. :evil:

And I'm having trouble imagining how (where?) you get a good sound out of that circular set up on the playa. :?
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby Nipple » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:45 am

When's your kickstarter, MDF?
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:01 am

Ok check this.

When i comes to the VIP status. We all are VIPS. All the Kickstarters that are out never get any of the high baller rewards. They make all there funds off the low dollar items. We are also doing Local fundraisers in full force. We are A small group of people that are working towards making this project happen on a huge scale. Its not a just a sound camp its a art install. Sorry some of you show up in nothing but a Costco shade structure. We encourage all of you to look beyond the haters. Life is good!!!. Look at things from all perspectives. MOST of you are forgetting the principles of Burning Man. Radical Self Inclusion.... HMM. anyways we love you all. and look forward to making this project a reality. Remember haters when there is one of you there is 3 people that love the project. So Happy Holidays
BASShenge

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:07 am

MyDearFriend wrote:And I'm having trouble imagining how (where?) you get a good sound out of that circular set up on the playa. :?

We are bringing in the experts. The sound is not going to be shot in a circular fashion. The stones are in a circle not the sound. going to be sweet.
BASShenge

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:13 am

EspressoDude wrote:wow, another fucking sound camp with 100,000 watts of dumbstep.

DUMBSTEP. LOL. Yeah we have looked into this and we are not going to allow just on theme of music to take over our camp. Yes there is going to be a night of dubstep. but there is a 7 other nights that will have other themes to the nights. So come out and dance help us pick what you want to hear. We are good people and are looking at every aspect to making the camp a success
BASShenge

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:15 am

[quote="Simon of the Playa"][/quote]

Simon. People Pour Countless hours making these camps happen all out of there pockets. Burning Man does not support any sound camps. so we have to make it all possible. AND WE WILL. Because our hearts are in it. yeah the vip shit BLAH. i cant afford any of that. but hell if some one wants to help fund on a grand scale like that we are going to take care of our investors. Wink Wink. Not by giving them Blowjobs. ha ha anyways bro. We love ya bro. HAPPY HOLIDAYS
BASShenge

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:21 am

[quote="Roberto Dobbisano"]so much for de-commidification...

Dear Large Sound Camps and Large Art Projects.

PS BURNING MAN IS ALREADY DEAD.. KINDA LIKE PUNK.. BUT ITS STILL FUN
Last edited by BASShenge on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BASShenge

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:22 am

AntiM wrote:No mint on my pillow, no deal.

Where's Peter Griffin when you need him?

LOL well placed
BASShenge

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:54 am

dear bASS

i work for a VERY large sound camp, and am far from a hater.

what i hate is the commodification and begging for money for a goddamn narcissistic dance fest where you, the camp founders get to play Big Man On Playa as your supporters, suckers, audience (note how i did not say participant) pay for you to do so.

radical fucking self reliance.

fund it yourself, do not ask us to do it for you...fuck that.

you wanna gift us something, than go raise the money in defaultia however you please...i could care less...just keep that shit outta here, and off the dust.

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

love you simon. he he
BASShenge

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:17 am

Donate money to BASShenge? Uh, as they say in Texas, "El Paso."
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby illy dilly » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 am

I don't know.
This is one of the few kickstarters that doesn't seem like it is to completely fund some burners trip and get them some new toys.

The idea sounds awesome and really fun! I know I will definitely have to check it out one night!

The bit about what donations of 1K - 3K get, is pretty much BS. It really is just selling VIP- which is total bull shit!!!
Though, its been going on for years. A couple of buddies camped with The Purple Palace two years ago. They were told that part of their Camp Dues got them a wrist band that would get them on the Purple Palace to watch the Man burn Saturday night. Which, to me is pretty much selling a VIP wrist band, no?

And if you read through all the 'schwag you get' you can tell that the group is pretty much playing around and telling jocks. I bet there are very few if any 1k to 3k donations, the authors know this, so they're just fucking around. The selling VIP tactic is bull shit and not at all Burning Man, but when its understood that its just a fucking joke, its just that A JOKE. Its similar to playing the "Who's the one celebrity/person you allowed to cheat with" game, its just a game played because every one involved knows its a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance.

With all that said! This pretty much pisses me off!
BASShenge wrote:PS BURNING MAN IS ALREADY DEAD.. KINDA LIKE PUNK.. BUT ITS STILL FUN

If it is fun, it is not dead. If you are taking the stance that 'it is ruined already, so fuck it' then you are only going to perpetuate the problems. Thinking "O well, it was broke when I got here" will do nothing to help maintain a positive event.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 am

Personally, I think running a kickstarter for something like this is just plain bad form. Sure, sound installations don't get funding from the BMOrg but sound camps typically have a significantly easier time of fundraising through events and fundraiser shindigs held throughout the year. And any single well-run event could easily raise more than the amount requested in the kickstarter.

The project itself sounds like fun. Sure, it's very similar to a big sound/art installation from years ago, but that was fun too. Hopefully the rest of the planning pays greater attention to detail than the organizers have shown so far (I'm still laughing over the 100 feet tall bit, but plans to dig a ditch on the playa are potential showstoppers).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby wh..sh » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 pm

BASShenge wrote:PS BURNING MAN IS ALREADY DEAD.. KINDA LIKE PUNK.. BUT ITS STILL FUN

In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Donate money to BASShenge? Uh, as they say in Texas, "El Paso."

all good we are going to make the camp happen regardless.
BASShenge

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:22 pm

trilobyte wrote:Personally, I think running a kickstarter for something like this is just plain bad form. Sure, sound installations don't get funding from the BMOrg but sound camps typically have a significantly easier time of fundraising through events and fundraiser shindigs held throughout the year. And any single well-run event could easily raise more than the amount requested in the kickstarter.

The project itself sounds like fun. Sure, it's very similar to a big sound/art installation from years ago, but that was fun too. Hopefully the rest of the planning pays greater attention to detail than the organizers have shown so far (I'm still laughing over the 100 feet tall bit, but plans to dig a ditch on the playa are potential showstoppers).

yeah that ditch should have never been in there. for sure.
BASShenge

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 pm

BASShenge wrote:haters

What is it about this term that makes me think "shallow"?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 pm

ALL THE HIGH LEVEL REWARDS HAVE BEEN DELETED. I FEEL WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING.
BASShenge

Postby ygmir » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:29 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
BASShenge wrote:haters

What is it about this term that makes me think "shallow"?

"The Onion Field"?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Working with the OP, I've made some edits to the original post. References to the ditch have been removed, and adjustment for size has been made. I'll also say kudos to the Basshenge team for taking the feedback they've gotten on this thread and removing the high end VIP style rewards on their kickstarter program.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:37 pm

BASShenge wrote:ALL THE HIGH LEVEL REWARDS HAVE BEEN DELETED. I FEEL WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING.

thank you.

good luck on your project, i honestly hope you can pull it off. It is not hate that i bitch at you with, it is love.

i love EDM and big sound and i do not want the seedy side of the biz to infiltrate Burning Man, at least publicly.

it is a place where we "don't do that".....for one week a year, we are all VIP's and it doesnt take money to be one.

and what trilo said, feedback only works if you listen...thank you for listening to Mr. Grumpy, i do mean well, and have your interests at heart even if you do not think so at this moment.

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby BASShenge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:
BASShenge wrote:ALL THE HIGH LEVEL REWARDS HAVE BEEN DELETED. I FEEL WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING.

thank you.

good luck on your project, i honestly hope you can pull it off. It is not hate that i bitch at you with, it is love.

i love EDM and big sound and i do not want the seedy side of the biz to infiltrate Burning Man, at least publicly.

it is a place where we "don't do that".....for one week a year, we are all VIP's and it doesnt take money to be one.

and what trilo said, feedback only works if you listen...thank you for listening to Mr. Grumpy, i do mean well, and have your interests at heart even if you do not think so at this moment.

And i woke up this morning and took it all and remained calm. lol its all good.. taught me something. all of you.
BASShenge

Next

Return to 2012 Theme Camps