The Gift Prolific - Art project looking to join a camp.

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

The Gift Prolific - Art project looking to join a camp.

Postby jcoffy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 pm

My name is Joshua Coffy. I am a 5 year burner. Next year I am bringing the Gift Prolific Project to the playa. Inspired by Burning Man and the nature of giving to the community, I have created a very cool art project. I am giving gifts away every single day. I started from last year's burn night and will finish at next year's burn night. Then I am painting a painting about each gift. I will paint 8 or so paintings on playa. I blog the paintings along with each gift experience. At the event in 2012,[b] I will give all of the paintings away![/b] People will be able to track their painting on my website to see the gift that inspired their painting.
You can see the project at [url][b]http://thegiftprolific.com/[/b][/url]

I am looking to join a camp. This project is big. And I would love to join a camp that is like minded. I am not scared to do a bunch of work. I feel like I am a respectful burner. I can even provide references from other camps I have worked with. I am looking to fill your camp with my art....like a gallery and then give it all away. I would love a camp that has enough of a structure to show it all at once. 365 small paintings....8 half sheets of plywood. i know it is early....But I am trying to make some plans on how this project will be presented on the playa. I am very serious about this. but I have a sense of humor too. Plus I am funding the art project so there would be no need for you to chip in for that...Please check out the project and let me know if it rhymes with your experience. Thanks for your time. Take care. And I look forward to hearing from you.
jcoffy

Re: The Gift Prolific - Art project looking to join a camp.

Postby Elderberry » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:16 am

Interesting project.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: The Gift Prolific - Art project looking to join a camp.

Postby jcoffy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks. It has been really fun so far. I can't wait to see how it takes shape on the Playa. Thanks for checking it out.
jcoffy

Return to 2012 Theme Camps