Occupy Black Rock City

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: Occupy Black Rock City

Postby ygmir » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 am

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:You do realize that Badger is just trolling the thread. He probably uses a quad core with 1000 watt surround sound. As a Ranger in person he is decent, on eplaya he turns into something else.

Notice how he tried to claim that I was using more electricity by saying I am using more and puchasing more when I am using less with what I replaced a broken PC with. Hes probably running a desktop or laptop which uses far more juice than my table.

Attacking, Trolling, Telling Lies...

Welcome to eplaya where burners get entertained by trollish behavior, outright lies, shitting on other peoples camp ideas, other peoples ideas of whats art, etc etc.

I realize that Badg calls it like he sees it.. and you don't even have to work to hard to "see" it with some people. That's.. why.. it's.. so.. funny.. :lol: :idea:

By the way, brah, I think you need new hobby.. I know all those HHO and GEET studies you're doing must need attending to.

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:Most users with post counts above 5000 cannot be trusted and anyone that posts more than 10 times a day needs some additional hobbies.

Total posts:
95 | Search user’s posts
(0.01% of all posts / 19.00 posts per day)
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 am

trilobyte wrote:Re: Crude Awakening...

For what it's worth, the tree wasn't chopped down or killed. I can't recall the exact particulars, but the tree was being moved/relocated for some other reason and essentially went on a side trip to Burning Man along the way. There were some legal requirements in hauling it back and forth, and essentially the tree had it's own "medical staff" (tree surgeon, arborist, or whatever you call it). The root structure was still intact on the playa, and it was brought back to California and replanted at its new location after the event. As far as I know, the tree is still alive (though I imagine you could probably reach out to Dan or any of the other team leads to inquire if you cared to).

The plan to bring the tree was intended to be kept as secret as possible (though Larry knew and had approved) with the intention being to put the tree up in the dead of night and just blow peoples' minds when they woke up the next day. But between the early burning of the man (which led to DPW & Ranger schedules being crazy from Monday on) and the fucking crazy weather in 2007, the Crude Awakening burn had to be postponed (a major dust storm hit on Friday that made it impossible for the Crude Awakening crew to properly test the fuel lines, so the decision was made to burn it after the man on Saturday). Between the last minute reschedule and already crazy DPW/Ranger reschedules, nobody at the gate was aware that permission had been given and nobody was able to reach Larry to verify the story at the late hour that the tree was coming through.

Yeah, heard it that way too. Larry was famous for defying all logic, reason, and everything those people agree on with their precious 'consensus' process.

BlackRockCityPimp -- if that's your real name -- you have big shoes to fill.

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 am

junglesmacks brought up a good point. replying to all the posts is keeping the pst avg too high. i went ahead and plonked a bunch of users, this should reduce the avg. i will reply to anything constructive, unless you've been put on ignore already.
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:16 am

[Cue some org functionary to reassure BlackRockCityPimp that the eplaya is not the genuine as-seen-on-TV playa.]

Bob

Postby jkisha » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:20 am

trilobyte wrote: Between the last minute reschedule and already crazy DPW/Ranger reschedules, nobody at the gate was aware that permission had been given and nobody was able to reach Larry to verify the story at the late hour that the tree was coming through.

That makes sense.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Sham » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:29 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:junglesmacks brought up a good point. replying to all the posts is keeping the pst avg too high. i went ahead and plonked a bunch of users, this should reduce the avg. i will reply to anything constructive, unless you've been put on ignore already.

You have been a registered user for 5 days, and you are starting to become irritating. Try to bring constructive things to this forum and don't be taking caustic swipes at anyone.
Sham

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:30 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:junglesmacks brought up a good point. replying to all the posts is keeping the pst avg too high. i went ahead and plonked a bunch of users, this should reduce the avg. i will reply to anything constructive, unless you've been put on ignore already.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby AntiM » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:50 am

Dude, you can't plonk mods. So you are stuck with me.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby lemur » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:01 am

theres greasemonkey scripts for that.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:50 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:You do realize that Badger is just trolling the thread. He probably uses a quad core with 1000 watt surround sound. As a Ranger in person he is decent, on eplaya he turns into something else.

Are you sure this is the Badger you're looking for?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 am

AntiM wrote:Dude, you can't plonk mods. So you are stuck with me.

I didn't know that. But I don't think that I'm so annoyed by any mod that I want to try it. Just in case.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby FlyingMonkey » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Bob wrote:

BlackRockCityPimp -- if that's your real name -- you have big shoes to fill.

Damn it Bob. I just shot coffee out my nose. The shoes are great.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
FlyingMonkey

Postby BBadger » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Troll accusations and ad hominem attacks. Did we expect any more?

Notice how he tried to claim that I was using more electricity by saying I am using more and puchasing more when I am using less with what I replaced a broken PC with. Hes probably running a desktop or laptop which uses far more juice than my table.

Notice that the reply contained absolutely nothing pertaining to your electrical usage by the tablet versus your computer. Rather, the point was that it is delusional to believe that purchasing more equipment makes your carbon footprint smaller, rather than using what you already have. Most of the carbon footprint that goes into your tablet is in its manufacturing not in what power you use. You can make your carbon footprint smaller by just using or fixing what you have, and assuming better habits.

And again, spare me your ad hominem attacks.

Attacking, Trolling, Telling Lies...

The question is now: who?

Welcome to eplaya where burners get entertained by trollish behavior, outright lies, shitting on other peoples camp ideas, other peoples ideas of whats art, etc etc.

If you can't stand the heat...
Last edited by BBadger on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Is he really your sock?
You gotta be really bored to argue with your sock. Geez.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby BBadger » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Whose sock?
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

BBadger

Postby Nipple » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Run's sock!
Nipple

Postby The CO » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 am

Sock it to me!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby A Jester » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 pm

BBadger wrote:
BlackRockCityPimp wrote:My main reason for going tablet was to reduce my carbon footprint and more portability and extended battery life. Cost was a secondary reason along with availabilty of free/cheap apps.

Yeah I needed to know that.

But yeah... Reduce your "carbon footprint" on the electricity used by stuff you already own, by buying more electronic gadgets. That's how it works.

I think if you cited "the old PC I used for so long finally died" as your main reason for going tablet, you might not have prompted Badger to give his opinions on living green.

But then again, your little flame war (spark war?) with the more established members of this board is kinda fun to watch, so please ignore my advice.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:18 am

A Jester wrote:
BBadger wrote:
BlackRockCityPimp wrote:My main reason for going tablet was to reduce my carbon footprint and more portability and extended battery life. Cost was a secondary reason along with availabilty of free/cheap apps.

Yeah I needed to know that.

But yeah... Reduce your "carbon footprint" on the electricity used by stuff you already own, by buying more electronic gadgets. That's how it works.

I think if you cited "the old PC I used for so long finally died" as your main reason for going tablet, you might not have prompted Badger to give his opinions on living green.

But then again, your little flame war (spark war?) with the more established members of this board is kinda fun to watch, so please ignore my advice.

Actually my post AND the one after it mention that. But Badger felt the need to only do a partial quote. Partial quoting is a typical troll tactic when they cannot say what they want AND keep the entire post quoted.

Much easier just to use the plonk feature and a firfox script to ignore people that want to argue all the time, people that think hydrogen isnt combustable, and people that think tablets are worse than notebooks and pcs when it comes to electricity and manufacture. Everyone lookin for a fight will no longer get one, they will get ignored forever instead.

So as you see there really was no need for me to cite a pc dying as it was cited. The need is for people to learn how to read an entire post and not to partially quote with the express intent of making their vitriol look like it has purpose. Yes indeed there was a VERY specific reason why badger chose to only quote part of my post in this case. Seriously, read my posts PRIOR to his attack where he used the partial quote tactic. Its in there as they say.
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:23 am

Better yet I will illustrate just this once.. this is what got the original post was before badger used the partial quote tactic.As you can see it was mentioned that my going with a tablet was the result of my notebook takin a shit, it did last 6 years so no complaints about toshibas.

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:
BBadger wrote:Pro-tip: to avoid needing multiple replies in a row, hit the "quote" buttons in the topic review below your reply to quote those specific messages in the same reply.

Dont think I can do that with the tablet I am using. Droid has some limitations as opposed to a windows/mac. Thanks for the tip and I will try and see if I can do that easily. Its a pain in the ass just to paste a youtube link on the forum but I no longer have a working PC at home.

My main reason for going tablet was to reduce my carbon footprint and more portability and extended battery life. Cost was a secondary reason along with availabilty of free/cheap apps.
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby BBadger » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:Actually my post AND the one after it mention that. But Badger felt the need to only do a partial quote. Partial quoting is a typical troll tactic when they cannot say what they want AND keep the entire post quoted.

I omitted that detail because quite frankly it wasn't relative. The main jab of my reply was because that post reads as list of reasons trying to justify the purchase of the tablet by: 1) a computer "not working" at home, and 2) a reduced carbon footprint. Who even knows why your PC is "not working" at home? It doesn't mean it is necessarily broken. It could be because the tablet was purchased, that the machine ceased to work because you just didn't want it to.

The core complaint was this: to believe you're reducing a "carbon footprint" by buying new stuff is generally delusional. You could have repaired that PC with parts (assuming they got fried) rather than plopping down some odd hundreds of dollars just to own some new piece of kit, rationalizing that you're saving the earth by using less electricity with it, when the real carbon footprint is in its manufacturing. It's like fixing an old car versus going out and buying a new Toyota Pious Prius: rarely will the consumption reduction outweigh the initial energy investment.

Much easier just to use the plonk feature and a firfox script to ignore people that want to argue all the time, people that think hydrogen isnt combustable, and people that think tablets are worse than notebooks and pcs when it comes to electricity and manufacture. Everyone lookin for a fight will no longer get one, they will get ignored forever instead.

Oh that is such a shame, because I only reply to get a rise out of you. It's not, you know, to dispel dysinformation, or speak to the content of the the post.

So as you see there really was no need for me to cite a pc dying as it was cited. The need is for people to learn how to read an entire post and not to partially quote with the express intent of making their vitriol look like it has purpose. Yes indeed there was a VERY specific reason why badger chose to only quote part of my post in this case. Seriously, read my posts PRIOR to his attack where he used the partial quote tactic. Its in there as they say.

Well there goes my trolling trump card.

BBadger

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 am

Yawn. This is no longer interesting.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
FlyingMonkey

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:08 am

FlyingMonkey wrote:Yawn. This is no longer interesting.

Only the 1% theme camps ever are.

Bob

Postby BlackRockCityPimp » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am

Yet you have spent 75% of your posts in this thread for a themecamp that you keep claiming you will no longer post in.

<plonk>
BlackRockCityPimp

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 am

BlackRockCityPimp wrote:

Yet you have spent 75% of your posts in this thread for a themecamp that you keep claiming you will no longer post in.

<plonk>

Haven't you figured it out yet? I AM THE KITTY. YOU ARE MY BALL OF YARN. Admit it, you are too much of a narcists to plonk anyone. Then you wouldn't know what we are saying about you.
FlyingMonkey

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 pm

I can't think what a narcist is. At first I thought that it was something that grew out of an irritation in the body in a horn shape, but then I realized that that would be spelled narcyst.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:47 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I can't think what a narcist is. At first I thought that it was something that grew out of an irritation in the body in a horn shape, but then I realized that that would be spelled narcyst.

No. No. Thats a rhinocercyst. :D
FlyingMonkey

Postby 5280MeV » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I can't think what a narcist is. At first I thought that it was something that grew out of an irritation in the body in a horn shape, but then I realized that that would be spelled narcyst.

Yes, I believe that a narcyst is a pimple-like spike-shaped protrusion extending several inches out of the forehead. It is too disgusting even for the internet.

a NARCist is someone who adheres to NARCism, that is that the primary function of society and government in general is to prevent people from smoking devil weed - the source of all communism and strife. We must all do our part. Report suspicious behavior, watch your neighbors carefully, guard your precious bodily fluids.
5280MeV

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Theme Camps