Occupy Black Rock City

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: Occupy Black Rock City

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:34 am

I think I just lost...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I think I just lost...

Nah- just pointing out that user-names have nothing to do with the ideas posted. Just because a user-name is silly doesn't mean the ideas from that person automatically are. The words they post matter, not the name they post them under (unless it's an obvious "HateLarryHarvey" or "BurningManSucks" troll name)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Buena Chica » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey Occupy BRC.... keep it light, keep it happy!!! DO not be a rebel Be FiNALLY FREE to just BE
the joy and love and laughter that we inherently are!!

My first burn I was with Sacred Spaces, yoga, massages, therapeutic workshops, etc... to much of
the SAME THING ID ALREADY DO... so instead of hanging around at camp all the time, I went out and
HUGGED 1008 People throughout the Playa.. and invited people to come get a massage at my camp
and experience some good living... but for myself, I wanted to immerse in the UNKNOWN, in the so far
unusual from my own life- thats what the burn is for!!

So best of luck... but don't take it too seriously and don't spend all your time on one idea.... BE READY TO
EXPLORE all kinds of lifestyles... that's the 99%...........

Buena Chica

Ps I camped at Occupy SF until the final raid!!!
Buena Chica

Postby SageV » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 pm

I camped at several occupations myself, the fanciful idea of the rangers being agent-provocateurs for the LEO's reminds me of the fanciful stories the anarchists told every day...about anybody who vaguely appeared in some authority position. For example, volunteer peacekeepers at the occupation who also happened to be Black Rock City Rangers.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
SageV

Burning Since: 1999

Postby Easy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:02 pm

OCCUPLAYA N:OW! has submitted their placement application. Lots of playaful words and games, Blank Ballot PRESidENT Voting Booth, PROtestconTEST, Wheel of Occuplaytion (spin the wheel, leave--go there.), the Baby Seal Club, Occuplayers Anonymous. . . . Just a few ways to express oneself.
Easy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 am

Easy wrote:OCCUPLAYA N:OW! has submitted their placement application. Lots of playaful words and games, Blank Ballot PRESidENT Voting Booth, PROtestconTEST, Wheel of Occuplaytion (spin the wheel, leave--go there.), the Baby Seal Club, Occuplayers Anonymous. . . . Just a few ways to express oneself.

Sounds like you have some inventive plans for interactivity. Best of luck!
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Easy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:29 am

We're working on a sort of 'Bill of Commandments', if you will, and have "safety" predictable placed at #3.
Easy

Postby Easy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 pm

9:00 & F'n'G! for the occuplay experiencce you're burning for N:OW!
Easy

Previous

Return to 2012 Theme Camps