So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby bigdane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Savannah wrote:Well, I certainly don't wish to be inflexible.

I've heard that flexibilty is best served with latex rubber and a nice Cave Aged Mellage...so i've heard anyway...just saying..
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
User avatar
bigdane
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere west of my cerebral cortex
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby International Incident » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Savannah wrote:It certainly can't be weirder than the Vegemite vs. Marmite challenge.

What makes me sad is that I can't remember which one was more tolerable, and I don't want to buy them.

But I need to know. :shock:


:cry:
User avatar
International Incident
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Elorrum wrote:
Savannah wrote:It certainly can't be weirder than the Vegemite vs. Marmite challenge.

What makes me sad is that I can't remember which one was more tolerable, and I don't want to buy them.

But I need to know. :shock:


so many things I missed, and I know I was there when it happened. I vote Vegemite.

I backed away from that so fast, that I ended up hurting someone's feelings. And someone I'd been wanting to meet, too.

Fuck you *mite challenges! I curse you to 1100 years of wandering other wildernesses, not the Black Rock Desert!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39895
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:56 pm

ygmir wrote:I"m thinkin, you're thinkin, what I'm thinkin............


That I'd rather eat it than pack it?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby tamarakay » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:02 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Elorrum wrote:
Savannah wrote:It certainly can't be weirder than the Vegemite vs. Marmite challenge.

What makes me sad is that I can't remember which one was more tolerable, and I don't want to buy them.

But I need to know. :shock:


so many things I missed, and I know I was there when it happened. I vote Vegemite.

I backed away from that so fast, that I ended up hurting someone's feelings. And someone I'd been wanting to meet, too.

Fuck you *mite challenges! I curse you to 1100 years of wandering other wildernesses, not the Black Rock Desert!


I was right behind you Ms. Fish. all I could think was the old monty python line, RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit


http://www.dyewithdignity.com
User avatar
tamarakay
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Texas
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Kontradiction » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 pm

bigdane wrote:
Savannah wrote:Well, I certainly don't wish to be inflexible.

I've heard that flexibilty is best served with latex rubber and a nice Cave Aged Mellage...so i've heard anyway...just saying..



Cave Aged Menage?

Hunh-
'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum'

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, They Live

Kickass Cook, Bitchin' Mixologist, Good Friend, Constant Student of Life, Experienced Kinkster-
User avatar
Kontradiction
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 am
Location: Los Angeles Area

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby wh..sh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:53 pm

you guys are killing me! or going to be...

Looks like my popularity went down by 1500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 points.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:46 pm

In the true spirit of radical inclusion, wh..sh, I will personally welcome you to the party, and eat all of your bacon for you.

There was bacon in the chocolate chip cookies last time, just so you know, that's okay I can eat your cookies too.

The absinthe is probably meat-free. :twisted: Have lots.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby wh..sh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:In the true spirit of radical inclusion, wh..sh, I will personally welcome you to the party, and eat all of your bacon for you.

There was bacon in the chocolate chip cookies last time, just so you know, that's okay I can eat your cookies too.

The absinthe is probably meat-free. :twisted: Have lots.


Thanks MyDearFriend. I am definitely coming to MnG and watch you all eat the bacon jam and bacon everything :)
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby tamarakay » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:22 pm

wh..sh wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:In the true spirit of radical inclusion, wh..sh, I will personally welcome you to the party, and eat all of your bacon for you.

There was bacon in the chocolate chip cookies last time, just so you know, that's okay I can eat your cookies too.

The absinthe is probably meat-free. :twisted: Have lots.


Thanks MyDearFriend. I am definitely coming to MnG and watch you all eat the bacon jam and bacon everything :)


Wow, it would really suck to be a vegetarian AND a recovering alcoholic. Then you couldn't do anything at the meet and greet. Good thing I can still eat bacon.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit


http://www.dyewithdignity.com
User avatar
tamarakay
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Texas
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby wh..sh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:13 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:The absinthe is probably meat-free. :twisted: Have lots.


Bacon flavored vodka is not in the list?
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:04 pm

wh..sh wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:The absinthe is probably meat-free. :twisted: Have lots.


Bacon flavored vodka is not in the list?


That's okay I'll drink your bacon vodka for ya. :D
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby bigdane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Kontradiction wrote:
bigdane wrote:
Savannah wrote:Well, I certainly don't wish to be inflexible.

I've heard that flexibilty is best served with latex rubber and a nice Cave Aged Mellage...so i've heard anyway...just saying..



Cave Aged Menage?

Hunh-


Mellage is a mixed milk cheese made with sheep, goat and cow milk...I'm wisconsin born-n-bred we always think in terms of some kind of cheese...
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
User avatar
bigdane
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere west of my cerebral cortex
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Elderberry » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 pm

bigdane wrote:
Mellage is a mixed milk cheese made with sheep, goat and cow milk...I'm wisconsin born-n-bred we always think in terms of some kind of cheese...

LOL I'll bet you do! :shock: :wink:
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12617
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby bigdane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:35 pm

:lol:
2057.gif
2057.gif (9.2 KiB) Viewed 581 times
:lol:
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
User avatar
bigdane
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere west of my cerebral cortex
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Ninzy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:51 am

[quote="wh..sh"]So what happens to people who are, let's say... hmm... vegetarians?[/quote]


Indeed what about the vege's wh..sh? I got given a carrot and then was told it would be better wrapped up in bacon ;-)
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 am
Location: London

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Patsh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:26 am

Ninzy wrote:
wh..sh wrote:So what happens to people who are, let's say... hmm... vegetarians?



Indeed what about the vege's wh..sh? I got given a carrot and then was told it would be better wrapped up in bacon ;-)


Being a vegetarian for the last 5 or so decades, I had no problem at all at the M&G...
I always expect almost everything at pot lucks and such to be tainted with some sort of meat product. :?
I don't go to these things hungry, with the intent of eating. Besides, there were Marmite and Vegemite, both of which I actually like. More like, there may be an acceptable snack or two, but I never expect a 'meal' unless I bring it myself.

My desire at the M&G was to meet as many of these wonderful ePlayans as possible... mission accomplished! :D

As for the drinking, I had been the designated driver for so long... I am recovering from that quite well, thank you! :oops:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....
.


Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
User avatar
Patsh
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: Jerome, Arizona

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Ninzy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:34 am

I made sure I ate too before the M&G - I was backing the Vegemite (at the risk of Grai killing me)!

All I can say is mmmmmmmmmm alcohol (picture Homer Simpson drooling over Duff) as i'm always the DD too

There are plenty of Vege camps (one just opposite the Spa actually) that served up an awesome grilled Vege buffet! U guyz rocked!

Yes Grai I know i'm a traitor ;-)
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 am
Location: London

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby wh..sh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:26 am

Triken wrote:Being a vegetarian for the last 5 or so decades, I had no problem at all at the M&G...
I always expect almost everything at pot lucks and such to be tainted with some sort of meat product. :?
I don't go to these things hungry, with the intent of eating. Besides, there were Marmite and Vegemite, both of which I actually like. More like, there may be an acceptable snack or two, but I never expect a 'meal' unless I bring it myself.

My desire at the M&G was to meet as many of these wonderful ePlayans as possible... mission accomplished! :D

As for the drinking, I had been the designated driver for so long... I am recovering from that quite well, thank you! :oops:


My concern about vegetarians were more in a bantering tone.
I really don't care about food/drinks. I am not much of a drinker either.
That said, I have been a vegetarian all by life (born vegetarian if there is such a thing). For a vegetarian, I am quite personable :wink:
And I know better than to show up somewhere expecting people to have food customized to my needs. Whenever I socialize, I take some kind of vegetarian food with me just to present the veggie food "tasting" possibility to the guests.
Like I tell all my hosts, don't worry about me.

PS: Since I am not coming to MnG for food/bacon/drinks, you all better be fucking awesome :D
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Ninzy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:38 am

I can assure you - everyone you will meet at the M&G is totally AWESOME
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 am
Location: London

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:06 am

A t least we are once we've poured enough booze down your throat.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39895
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Elderberry » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:15 am

theCryptofishist wrote:A t least we are once we've poured enough booze down your throat.

Don't share the secrets with the new guys!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12617
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:19 am

You take 2 shots and I become witty.

Take 2 more and I'm also charming.

Take 2 more and I'm, witty, charming, and handsome.

By the way, you drink too much! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8413
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Mojojita » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:41 am

theCryptofishist wrote:I guess some of us got wrapped up in the mythos of the self-destructive artiste less than others.


*raises hand* Guilty as charged.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
User avatar
Mojojita
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Mojojita » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 am

FIGJAM wrote:You take 2 shots and I become witty.

Take 2 more and I'm also charming.

Take 2 more and I'm, witty, charming, and handsome.

By the way, you drink too much! 8)

Figgy - you must be talking about shots of water. After 2 shots of tequila, you're downright irresistable!
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
User avatar
Mojojita
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:54 am

How's your flipper?

Still swimming in circles? :wink:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8413
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby wh..sh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 am

Mojojita wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:You take 2 shots and I become witty.

Take 2 more and I'm also charming.

Take 2 more and I'm, witty, charming, and handsome.

By the way, you drink too much! 8)

Figgy - you must be talking about shots of water. After 2 shots of tequila, you're downright irresistable!


Oh boy...
all that sounds way too familiar
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:06 am

I'm gonna get double size shot glasses, then, to hand drinks out......it'll save time.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27130
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby Mojojita » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:11 am

Good morning boys! (((((Yiggy & Figgy)))))

Thank goodness the flipper cast was replaced the first day back to default. Am now out of cast altogether and have nearly all range of motion back. Did break both bones in my wrist but the medics on playa set it so well it did not need surgery. Have just occasional wincing reminders to avoid absinthe.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
User avatar
Mojojita
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:16 am

HI Mojo!!

see, I can see the thoughts about not hurting yourself, but, avoiding absinthe? I dunno.
Perhaps, having a valet, to follow you with pillows, if you drink?
I just can't see giving up that elixir.............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27130
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Theme Camps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests