Mayan TRIcycle

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Mayan TRIcycle

Postby ELECKTRA » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:43 pm

For Burning Man 2012, WIZZARD wants to build a great big "hamster wheel" that people can run in that will roll inside an even larger wooden wheel all connected to an odometer to show the workings of the Mayan Calendars. It will stand 22'+ tall, have gears meshing with gears and the whole thing will burn down a week later.

It's more complicated than it sounds and is gonna cost around $7000 to make. I'm asking for you to contribute to make it happen. My hope is to help others understand how the Mayan Calendar works and to help alleviate the fears that many have that the world as we know it is going to end on December 21st when the calendar 'ends'. I believe that the cycle is just turning over, much like the odometer in your car does. To visually show this, I am building the Mayan TRIcycle. The 260-day Tzolkin Calendar will be a 13’ tall wheel, driven/rotated by humans running inside the wheel. The 365-day Haab Calendar will be a 22’ tall wheel that the Tzolkin calendar wheel is cradled in. Together the two wheels will rotate and will advance the Long Count “Odometer”.

to see more about this project.. and DONATE .. check out
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/184 ... an-project
Love and light till we ignite
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess
ELECKTRA

Re: Mayan TRIcycle

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 am

A Long Count hamster wheel.

Okay, now I have seen everything. :)
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: Mayan TRIcycle

Postby ELECKTRA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 pm

its going to be AMAZING!! please consider donating to to the project!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/184 ... t?ref=live
Love and light till we ignite
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess
ELECKTRA

Return to 2012 Art & Performance