CORE 2012

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:42 pm

So the CORE is happening this year again, I've been looking around to see which regions are doing this year.
The Letter of Intents were due 2/24. So hopefully everyone should be hearing back from them soon.
I've found a few of the proposed designs on facebook, but is your region getting involved?

Here are some of the links of the proposals I have seen so far:
Reno CORE
San Diego CORE
Sacramento Regional Their idea looks awesome!
South Bay CORE

Im pretty excited for CORE 2012.

Looking at the other region's idea is awesome, they all are pretty creative from what I've seen.
I cant wait to see them all burn, no matter which ones actually make it out there!
CORE 2011 was so awesome and Im sure 2012 will be even better!
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby trilobyte » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am

I expect that will be a topic of discussion at the upcoming regional summit later this month, with announcements either made there or shortly after. I really enjoyed the CORE projects at last year's burn, and am looking forward to seeing what people come up with this year.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:28 am

Ohhhh I hope soo! I cant wait to find out which projects are going out there!
I found another one
New Orleans
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Stickygreen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 am

Vancouver has an application in : http://lifetree.burningvan.ca/
)'(
User avatar
Stickygreen
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 am

Oh that looks really cool! so far my favorites ones are Reno, Sac, Vancouver, and New Orleans!
Cant wait till these projects get approved and we can hear more about them, and you know give them a few bucks to make it happen!
Im so glad they brought back CORE for 2012. Watching so many things burn at once is great!
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Paint » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Dallas submitted.

http://waywardworks.com/core/design.html

I know Midwest Burners did too. Good luck all!
WayWard, "Equal and opposite", BRC Resident 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012
User avatar
Paint
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:15 am
Location: Texas!
Burning Since: 2006

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Onion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Colorado will be bringing this out! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joyologist/dragon-lotus-burning-art
I am stoked to be volunteering on this project.
We also have a facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/164112310365128/
User avatar
Onion
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Denver
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dragon Lotus Camp

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 am

Thanks for posting about the Dallas and Colorado CORE projects.
Both these projects look amazing!
Paint- Is the Dallas project going to let people climb around the spiral you guys have in the design? when I first saw it, I thought the spiral was going to be a walkway up to the top, but after a second look I dont know.
Onion- I like your idea of having an art piece that changes from day to day! Good to see your kickstarter got funding too! Are you guys going to do another kickstarter to get the rest of your funding, I'm assuming $2000 isnt enough to build your design! Keep us posted on it, so we can help out!
Im digging all these proposals! Have y'all heard back from the BM art team yet?
The Reno Crew got an email from BM art a few day asking some clarification questions.
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Paint » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 am

jojofroyo wrote:Paint- Is the Dallas project going to let people climb around the spiral you guys have in the design? when I first saw it, I thought the spiral was going to be a walkway up to the top, but after a second look I dont know.


Thank you Jojo..

As it stands the only way up the effigy is via the staircase. The spiral has been brought up so much maybe we will see?

The design of the tower is an homage to Vladamir Tatlin's "Monument to the Third International". A 400M Russian Constructivist tower to house rotating government buildings that was never built.
WayWard, "Equal and opposite", BRC Resident 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012
User avatar
Paint
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:15 am
Location: Texas!
Burning Since: 2006

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:34 am

Paint wrote:
jojofroyo wrote:Paint- Is the Dallas project going to let people climb around the spiral you guys have in the design? when I first saw it, I thought the spiral was going to be a walkway up to the top, but after a second look I dont know.


Thank you Jojo..

As it stands the only way up the effigy is via the staircase. The spiral has been brought up so much maybe we will see?

The design of the tower is an homage to Vladamir Tatlin's "Monument to the Third International". A 400M Russian Constructivist tower to house rotating government buildings that was never built.


Thanking for sharing your project with us! Im sure y'all will come with an amazing way to make it work, I look forward to seeing your project in the CORE this year!

I'd never heard of the design it was based off, but after reading the Wikipedia about, it sounds amazing!!!!

The Reno CORE team is also trying to plan a CORE crawl on Thursday during the day before they all have to get prepped for their burns, where we could lead people from effigy to effigy with the artists explaining their concepts and efforts behind each effigy to BM participants. It doesn't seem right that the CORE teams would put so much effort into their projects with out being able to explain their vision behind each piece.
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Onion » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:42 am

jojofroyo wrote:Onion- I like your idea of having an art piece that changes from day to day! Good to see your kickstarter got funding too! Are you guys going to do another kickstarter to get the rest of your funding, I'm assuming $2000 isnt enough to build your design! Keep us posted on it, so we can help out!

Thanks jojo! I'm just a peon who wants to help build this thing, I did not design it, but will pass along your enthusiasm.
Our plan is to use the kickstarter money to hold a fundraiser and art auction next month. If any of you will be in Denver Area, we will have more details coming soon on the facebook page.
User avatar
Onion
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Denver
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dragon Lotus Camp

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Doula949 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:58 am

Idaho would like to introduce our CORE project proposal, "opalEssence".

Check out our fan page: http://www.facebook.com/IdahoCORE
Email: idahocore@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing other projects on the Playa!

Love,
Doula
Doula949
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Paint » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 am

Wow Idaho, that is gorgeous!
WayWard, "Equal and opposite", BRC Resident 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012
User avatar
Paint
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:15 am
Location: Texas!
Burning Since: 2006

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Doula949 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Paint wrote:Wow Idaho, that is gorgeous!

Thanks! We're super excited and can't wait to get this off the ground one way or another!
Doula949
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Wrangler » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Montreal's LOI submitted: http://montrealcoreburn2012.wordpress.com :)

Some amazing stuff out there. We are humbled.
Wrangler
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: CORE 2012

Postby trilobyte » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

This year there will be 35 regional effigies circled around the man, and the CORE burns on Thursday night!
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: CORE 2012

Postby shykat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 am

trilobyte wrote:This year there will be 35 regional effigies circled around the man, and the CORE burns on Thursday night!

Wow 35 ,that should be cool.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to ...Jimi Hendrix
User avatar
shykat
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am
Location: Santa Clarita,CA

Re: CORE 2012

Postby trilobyte » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah, up from 23 in 2011 I believe.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Doula949 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 am

Any official list of the participants out yet?
Doula949
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 am

35 groups submitted, 35 groups approved... that's what we heard.
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Onion » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:10 pm

That seems to be the word on the street. Our team has yet to hear anything officially, we are waiting with bated breath.
Planning and preparation are in full swing for our Dragon Lotus fundraiser on April 14th. If you are in or near Denver, we'd love to see you!
http://www.facebook.com/events/165943176859088/
User avatar
Onion
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Denver
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dragon Lotus Camp

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Onion wrote:That seems to be the word on the street. Our team has yet to hear anything officially, we are waiting with bated breath.
Planning and preparation are in full swing for our Dragon Lotus fundraiser on April 14th. If you are in or near Denver, we'd love to see you!
http://www.facebook.com/events/165943176859088/



They sent all of the approvals to the Regional Contacts. I don't think they were personalized to each project, basically saying "You all applied, you're all approved" . I think there will be more info, once all the projects are officially announced(if they do that) at the Regional Forum thing they are doing next week or the week after.
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Paint » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm

jojofroyo wrote:They sent all of the approvals to the Regional Contacts. I don't think they were personalized to each project, basically saying "You all applied, you're all approved" . I think there will be more info, once all the projects are officially announced(if they do that) at the Regional Forum thing they are doing next week or the week after.


Dallas too. And I still have our letter of intent submission confirmation email. Even so, seeing a list with Dallas written on it would be damn cool!
WayWard, "Equal and opposite", BRC Resident 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012
User avatar
Paint
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:15 am
Location: Texas!
Burning Since: 2006

Re: CORE 2012

Postby Doula949 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Congrats to all the applicants! We're stoked to see you on the Playa!
Doula949
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am

Re: CORE 2012

Postby gerlachedNloaded » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Nebraska... yes Nebraska.. will be representing this year! Tallgrass Burners, our first year as a regional group and going for broke on a project. now to get kickstarter up and running so we can actually GET it there :lol:
I am HORSE
User avatar
gerlachedNloaded
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:54 am
Location: 7:15 and I
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: ShadeWhores

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:37 pm

gerlachedNloaded wrote:Nebraska... yes Nebraska.. will be representing this year! Tallgrass Burners, our first year as a regional group and going for broke on a project. now to get kickstarter up and running so we can actually GET it there :lol:


Do y'all have a facebook/webpage for your project yet?
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby BurningBribe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Portland is back in the circle and excited with a new team, and new name! If you liked the Thunderbrige last year, "Grow Fourth" and conquer, and like our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/PortlandCore

Bribe O'Flavin
Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet is hiring CSR(s) for 2012. Email cstosouls@gmail.com for more information.
User avatar
BurningBribe
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: CORE 2012

Postby gerlachedNloaded » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:01 pm

not that i'm aware of yet, jojo. i do know the title of the piece is "Missed-conceptions".
I am HORSE
User avatar
gerlachedNloaded
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:54 am
Location: 7:15 and I
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: ShadeWhores

Re: CORE 2012

Postby jojofroyo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

gerlachedNloaded wrote:not that i'm aware of yet, jojo. i do know the title of the piece is "Missed-conceptions".


Well let us know when you get one started! I'd love to see what you guys are planning!
jojofroyo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Champagne Lounge
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Re: CORE 2012

Postby havoc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:46 pm

User avatar
havoc
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 am
Location: indiana

Next

Return to 2012 Art & Performance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest