Art Installation Questionnaire OPEN until June 20

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Art Installation Questionnaire OPEN until June 20

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 pm

The art installation questionnaire is open for 2012 through June 20th at noon PST. Remember, your art does not have to have anything whatsoever to do with the official art theme. There's a ton of additional information regarding bringing art installations to Burning Man (from guidelines to ARTery resources), which you can find here.

Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Art Installation Questionnaire OPEN until June 20

Postby laffingblonde » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Threw our hat in the ring last night, and I think it's a rather worthy conception. Any idea on the timeline for hearing back about our installation? We're trying to plan from the east coast, figure out notification for our jobs and such. Any information is appreciated. Thanks for helping hold this battered boat together trilo.
believe it or not every burner from new york doesn't reside in the chity. there's all this green space up north you may've heard about

the burn didn't blow my mind. it reinforced the way i've always lived my life
laffingblonde

Burning Since: 2010

Postby trilobyte » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:07 am

From page one of the Art Installation Questionnaire:

Once we receive your questionnaire and diagram/drawings, someone from the Art Department will contact you to discuss your project. If you have not been contacted by July 15th, 2012, please contact us at installations@burningman.com.

Good luck with the project!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby laffingblonde » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Read that when I first filled it out. Hopefully we'll hear back in the next month or two. Sitting ticketless and hopeful, but need some word to notify our jorbs and such and get building. Thanks for the reply anyhow. Hope the bay's shiny. :mrgreen:
believe it or not every burner from new york doesn't reside in the chity. there's all this green space up north you may've heard about

the burn didn't blow my mind. it reinforced the way i've always lived my life
laffingblonde

Burning Since: 2010

Postby masho » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 am

So Trilo,

The questionnaire for Starlight has been filled out and apparently accepted but we haven't received a confirmation of any kind in the last 48 hours.

The questionnaire is broken into two parts, general questions "all projects need to answer" and questions to answer "only if you're burning". Once you reach the section break a message tells you that if you are not burning your application is complete and you can close the site, if you are burning click "next". We aren't burning anything so we closed the site and supposedly our application has been submitted but it somehow didn't feel right. Is there some sort of confirmation? or do we just take it on faith? Maybe I can call to confirm? It would be a shame to find out after the deadline that the application didn't go through no?

What do you think? Thanks
masho

Postby lemur » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 am

if its anything like another application process im aware of within the burning man system the folks who are responsible for the apps can see partially filled out ones, 'complete' ones and any ones that were started...

my guess is that even if you dont have a confirmation.. someone will be able to see how far youve gotten in the app..

i dont know anything about art questionnaires or that dept.. so things could be dif tho
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby masho » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:12 pm

lemur wrote:if its anything like another application process im aware of within the burning man system the folks who are responsible for the apps can see partially filled out ones, 'complete' ones and any ones that were started...my guess is that even if you dont have a confirmation.. someone will be able to see how far youve gotten in the app..i dont know anything about art questionnaires or that dept.. so things could be dif tho

Yeah, that makes sense Lemur, I'm pretty sure you're right. I just thought it was odd not to get a confirmation of some kind, I'll relax, thanks :wink:
masho

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:40 am

Today's the day! Register your project by noon pacific if you'd like to get your installation placed!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Re: Art Installation Questionnaire has closed

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Good luck to all those who've registered a project!

You can still bring your artwork to the playa. Download the PDF of the art registration form, print it, fill it out, and bring it to the ARTery (Esplanade) to register your project.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2012 Art & Performance