Documentary About Burning Man

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Documentary About Burning Man

Postby (^o^) » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Hello Burners!

I go by Dj. My friend is an independent filmaker who is working on a documentary about Burning Man.
His other friend and I are working with him to put it together nicely so we can start shooting
this year. We are super excited but we need your help!! We are doing all of this ourselves. We want it
to look really good so we can get it out there and show it to people that have never heard of this. To me personally,
it would be like introducing the conversation about art and what links us all to it into a world that has forgotten about it.

Here is a little media blurb about it:
"The focus of this documentary is to take a closer look at the principles behind Burning Man. There is a huge disparity in appearance and what Burning Man was originally founded on. This art festival draws together a diverse range of individuals under the goal of practicing basic humanity. This underlying aim seems to motivate people to disregard the norms that divide our world . What stands out at Burning Man is self-expression - we are looking for the deep connection that drives this expression among the countless variations on display at Burning Man. Everything we have discovered thus far points to some powerful spiritual component that is present and active within this community.
Burning Man's misconceptions, the sustainability of its ethos and what does spirituality look like in a Post-Modern context are just some of the themes this project will explore."

In order for us to get this project started we will need a looooooot of help from the Burners who have been there, who've experienced it, who have stories to tell and things to share. We will also need funding and support. We just days ago launched a website where we're going to blog and talk about the progress of the project. We would love to have you guys check it out, get to know us, leave us comments, write us, ask us, help us... whatever, you know?

We also have launched a KickStarter page which is a donations page to help fund our project. We are just starting out so if you could help us spread the word it would mean the world to us and if your heart feels inclined to donate, please follow your heart!! :D

Here's our website: www.yoursinthedust.com

Here's our fundraiser page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141 ... n-the-dust

Please spread the word!

Thank you all so much!

See you all in the dust!!!
(^o^)

Re: Documentary About Burning Man

Postby lemur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:18 pm

(^o^) wrote:"The focus of this documentary is to take a closer look at the principles behind Burning Man. There is a huge disparity in appearance and what Burning Man was originally founded on. This art festival draws together a diverse range of individuals under the goal of practicing basic humanity. This underlying aim seems to motivate people to disregard the norms that divide our world . What stands out at Burning Man is self-expression - we are looking for the deep connection that drives this expression among the countless variations on display at Burning Man. Everything we have discovered thus far points to some powerful spiritual component that is present and active within this community.
Burning Man's misconceptions, the sustainability of its ethos and what does spirituality look like in a Post-Modern context are just some of the themes this project will explore."

seems overly broad..and not really specific. ..even without the 'just some of the themes' hint toward even more stuff

tons of people do 'documentaries' every year.. i think youll need to focus that message, your goals and what it is you actually plan to do to really set yourself apart (and to get people to want to give you money)

having more specific goals will also help people who apply to the things your trying to do to get their story told... as is.. it really doesnt apply to anyone or any group specifically.. how will you know where to go when you go out filming? ...be more specific about what youre trying to do and this problem will likely solve itself.

people have already done great work on this subject..

(more specifically the spirtual component in a 'post modern context' (see: BBC Around the World in 80 Faiths: episode 5 (the only needed about 10 minutes to cover it quite well)))

good luck!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby tamarakay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Yes, I'm with Lemur on this. I looked at the website and really have no more idea about the project that what you posted here.

The self expression thing caught my attention some however. There was a lot of self expression evident in the art, the dwellings, the sculpture, mutant vehicles and in some of the clothing. But what really really struck me was a lot of the uniformness of the clothing. One day my "self expression" really was to wear khaki shorts and a tshirt. For that I was called a tourist. So there is a pressure to conform to the burningman uniform of something not of the default world? That day, I was more comfortable in my shorts. Why single me out?

Another experience along those lines was when I cut my finger on Saturday of early entry. I rode the med cart to center camp (from the 3:30 plaza, FANTASTIC folks in medical by the way) and my husband grabbed our bikes and followed. We had not yet decorated the bikes as we had only arrived about four hours before this, were busy helping barbie death camp put up barbies etc, and SEVERAL people commented to Kendoll about that fact. That we needed to gussy them up, or at least make an effort.

So it's all inclusive as long as you meet a certain standard of self expression? Whose standard?

Ok, rant over. Please feel free to move about on your own thread.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm

*note to self: make sticker with clever slogan about "this is my participation" for distribution. If you can think of something pithy... and if it doesn't cost too much money...*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BeyondIndigo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 pm

tamarakay wrote:The self expression thing caught my attention some however. There was a lot of self expression evident in the art, the dwellings, the sculpture, mutant vehicles and in some of the clothing. But what really really struck me was a lot of the uniformness of the clothing. One day my "self expression" really was to wear khaki shorts and a tshirt. For that I was called a tourist. So there is a pressure to conform to the burningman uniform of something not of the default world? That day, I was more comfortable in my shorts. Why single me out?

Another experience along those lines was when I cut my finger on Saturday of early entry. I rode the med cart to center camp (from the 3:30 plaza, FANTASTIC folks in medical by the way) and my husband grabbed our bikes and followed. We had not yet decorated the bikes as we had only arrived about four hours before this, were busy helping barbie death camp put up barbies etc, and SEVERAL people commented to Kendoll about that fact. That we needed to gussy them up, or at least make an effort.

Ugh, how obnoxious. If anyone were to call me a tourist, my chosen form of self expression would be many, many obscenities in their general direction. How dare someone judge you like that?! Isn't that what people go to BM to get AWAY from? That kind of judgement, the minefield of others' expectations, the pressure to conform? Even if what you're conforming to is non-conformist, if enough people are doing it, it BECOMES conformist. Who's to say that someone in jeans and a t-shirt isn't participating more than somebody in a tutu and nipple pasties with LEDS on their...I dunno, eyebrows or whatever...

Sorry, it just made my blood boil to read that. Isn't it more about attitude than dress? Isn't the whole thing more about a state of mind than about someone's furry rainbow leg warmers? That's definitely my understanding, as a complete Playa virgin. Sounds like those people had bad attitudes. Which is a real pity. You can have a bad attitude every other week of the year, why bring it to BM?
Beware the creeping Britishness
BeyondIndigo

Postby shabanayas » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey All!

I'm working with DJ, the creator of this thread.

Great feedback! We're still very much in the pre-dev stages of it all. I totally agree that the topic of BM as a vehicle of postmodern spirituality being quite broad. That's why I can't wait to check out BM for myself this year as a preliminary scout of what is really there. I was fascinated to discover the huge disparity in what is typically put out there by non-Burners and what in fact are the principles it is built on. The ethos just grabs you and I want to really look at it; trying to bridge that disconnect, showing how it taps into something we are not getting in the outside world and if its all sustainable outside of the confines of Black Rock.

All that said, it's difficult to hone in w/o experiencing it ourselves to see if there is a story. I'm reading through Lee Gilmore's work on the spirituality topic and its been quite illuminating. Our blog, further reading are going to help us work our way into the topic but feedback from you guys goes a long way. I'm hoping to attend some of the lead up events in Chicago.
shabanayas

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:04 pm

tamarakay wrote:Yes, I'm with Lemur on this. I looked at the website and really have no more idea about the project that what you posted here.

The self expression thing caught my attention some however. There was a lot of self expression evident in the art, the dwellings, the sculpture, mutant vehicles and in some of the clothing. But what really really struck me was a lot of the uniformness of the clothing. One day my "self expression" really was to wear khaki shorts and a tshirt. For that I was called a tourist. So there is a pressure to conform to the burningman uniform of something not of the default world? That day, I was more comfortable in my shorts. Why single me out?

Honestly, if someone called me a tourist, I'd give them the biggest smile I have & invite them to kiss The Man's ass.

(I don't decorate my bike either. It'd be fun, but I usually have other priorities.)

I'm not saying I would've handled it better than you, tamarakay, only that now I'm prepared, thanks to you. :mrgreen:
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby lemur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:24 pm

you seem to imply not having been before..

be sure to check out this:

http://forms.burningman.com/

and this:

http://www.burningman.com/press/faq.html

and this:

http://www.burningman.com/press/

and this:

http://www.burningman.com/press/media_mecca.html

registration opens in a little less than 3 weeks for press/media stuff..

you should open a dialogue with the media meccca people.. they will be very familiar with past projects.. and with helping people get a story.. ... dont forget that your project could be Denied.

becoming a participant is very important in getting a good story/documentary..
lemur

Postby tamarakay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks Savannah, I didn't really handle, just looked blankly at them and kept walking. lol

It might be difficult to sell the idea of a documentary about Burning Man to the people on this forum produced by people who have not gone yet. Every year we get groups of talented photographers and videographers on here who are doing a documentary or photography project about burning man, but it really turns out to be more about a group of very broke people who can't afford to go who think they can fund their trip this way. All good intentions of doing a documentary, or this photobook, or whatever, but it never happens. So, in that light, you really really need to flesh your idea out some more. On your website I got a good feel for who you guys are personally, but not what you are trying to do professionally. Before asking me (or the fiercely burning man protective people on this forum) for money to fund a project like this, most especially produced by newbies, you need to work on that.

Not trying to be critical, but you might want to brace in case you get some other responses. :shock:

tamarakay

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:45 pm

tamarakay wrote:Not trying to be critical, but you might want to brace in case you get some other responses.

Yes, I've been holding my tongue since this was posted.

Okay, after a while this discussion was so civilized, I forgot I was waiting to get snarky. Quietly go about your business, and when someone leaves me a good opening, I'll strike. But the most important thing to do is act natural.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Savannah wrote:
tamarakay wrote:Yes, I'm with Lemur on this. I looked at the website and really have no more idea about the project that what you posted here.

Honestly, if someone called me a tourist, I'd give them the biggest smile I have & invite them to kiss The Man's ass.

(I don't decorate my bike either. It'd be fun, but I usually have other priorities.)

I'm not saying I would've handled it better than you, tamarakay, only that now I'm prepared, thanks to you. :mrgreen:

I keep hoping to get called a tourist, so I can ask where the food court is, and, if there is a car wash nearby.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Since you haven't been yet, I have two thoughts:

1) Don't do the documentary your first year. You're basically setting yourself up to either experience the event at arms length (or with one foot firmly planted in the "real world"), which means that you're not going to understand people's feeling quite as well; or you're going to get so distracted by what you discover you're going to remember on Sunday that you forgot to film all week & nothing got done.

I would really suggest going one year & experiencing the event, it will give you a much better idea of what version of the event you want to show- and when I see this:

There is a huge disparity in appearance and what Burning Man was originally founded on.

it just points out the misunderstanding that Burning Man was "founded on" something, instead of growing into something. It was founded as a bonfire on the beach- that's pretty much it. Everything else came later- and what that "everything else" actually means has never been settled (just poke around this forum for a while, you'll see that)

2) If you absolutely must make a documentary this year, make it about what you know: birgins discovering the event. Don't try to force some ideas on event you don't understand yet, use that lack of having been to your advantage. The strongest documentaries come from finding a connection with the people watching it- approaching it as newcomers give them access to the story you want to get across.

I'd do some simple set up shots when you arrive, maybe lots on your first day, but then take a day off to explore without camera. You'll discover that cameras have a way of separating you- let yourself into the environment to discover what it is.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby shabanayas » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Awesome stuff and thank you for the constructive feedback. First and foremost, the whole money thing - especially from newbies - we totally get. It shouldn't have led-in on the conversation. It is more for our own personal networks to help contribute if they feel inclined, and if anyone - after speaking to us - might as well. But definitely not the priority this BM 2012.

Like I said, going this year is all about getting to understand BM for ourselves...and these raw first experiences, reactions and impressions should be caught because, well, their raw. I guess the camera is more about us in the scout + "baptismal into BM". if we catch great stuff outside of that, should make for great B-roll! (And yes, I have already vetted this all with the media ppl and LOVED their organization w/ Media Mecca --- i just hope the lottery tickets pan out!)

We will continue to hone in on our goals, but I know that will only truly get specific once we go for ourselves. With that, we hope to network with burners like yourselves (of all walks of life and ways of expressing this ethos) and hopefully have the funds to follow some of that during the course of the year in the build up to 2013.

Again this is all contingent on our first experience. But I feel its never too early to start planning and beginning the conversation.

Hope that cleared some of this up. Again, thank you guys for the feedback...keep it coming!
shabanayas

Postby Token » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Sweet fucking Jesus on a stick!

Why don't we all fund you virginal Burning Man trip?! Cuz you're con artists trying to catch a free ride to the Playa!

I'm so sorry to say that over the past 25 years the books have been written and documentaries have been filmed. There is nothing left for you scheeming con artists to milk.

Fuck yer day!
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby tamarakay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

I really want this to work for you. Stop by Dye with Dignity monkeyhut in BarbieDeathCamp, dye yourself a dustscarf and fill me in on how it's going :D

tamarakay

Postby Elorrum » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 pm

mmm, I was waiting for page two to say, "Wow, I don't think anybody has ever tried something like this." but everyone has covered the bases. Good advice to experience the event and find what you want to say about it before doing the more diligent work. Going in with the task of proving a hypothesis could filter how you experience the event.

but,

If this is your art, then I can't really speak against it.

Wow, I didn't expect to feel that. I was really feeling snarky towards it when I got off work, but some dinner and a little jazz has mellowed me.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby lemur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm

YES we can speak against their art.. Because their art is an attempt to tell OUR story.. (as someone mentioned earlier.. some of us are protective of this burning man thing)

after seeing and reading more.. i am inclined to agree with the "FUCK YER DAY"

the two proposing this hardly seem like professional documentarians ..or to have any idea what they are doing...of course..online we can all come off a bit differently than we are in real life ..

if it takes one a big paragraph to explain what they want to do.. and still have people feel its not really focused.. how do you expect to get someone to be interested in telling their story when the persin is busy doing all their own shit on the playa? ..just because you have a camera, or a tape recorder doesnt automatically mean im interested in talking to you.

while its true that seeing the event beforehand can be a help, it surely isnt needed for an experienced group of journalists/filmmakers. in fact the BBC crew that did the piece I mentioned in the earlier post hadnt been before, the crew camped in my camp. They totally 'got it' ..and the work they did was great. In the past ive met other journalists and people working out there who seemed to know what they are doing.. they 'got it' ..they had a easily understood goal, and appeared focused on that goal, and that only.. (edit: while they were working. otherwise participants!)

i dont really get this feeling here... I dont think this is some cultural misunderstanding from not having been.. I just think this is inexperience in general.

(as it is im not sure if even studying more through regionals in the chicago area will help.. If you don't know already ..you probably wont figure out how to do it in the next 7 months)

I don't want inexperienced people telling my story.
lemur

Postby (^o^) » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:35 pm

tamarakay wrote:Thanks Savannah, I didn't really handle, just looked blankly at them and kept walking. lol

It might be difficult to sell the idea of a documentary about Burning Man to the people on this forum produced by people who have not gone yet. Every year we get groups of talented photographers and videographers on here who are doing a documentary or photography project about burning man, but it really turns out to be more about a group of very broke people who can't afford to go who think they can fund their trip this way. All good intentions of doing a documentary, or this photobook, or whatever, but it never happens. So, in that light, you really really need to flesh your idea out some more. On your website I got a good feel for who you guys are personally, but not what you are trying to do professionally. Before asking me (or the fiercely burning man protective people on this forum) for money to fund a project like this, most especially produced by newbies, you need to work on that.

Not trying to be critical, but you might want to brace in case you get some other responses. :shock:

Yes, perhaps the fundraiser page was introduced a bit too early in the process. By no means are we some random broke people who want a free ride to Burning Man. We are open to suggestions, feedback be it positive or negative (as I've already seen), input, ideas, inspiration, help... you know? I'm really happy about the entries we've gotten so far and we are still in the process of solidifying our goal. Thank you for your contribution and keep it coming!
(^o^)

Postby (^o^) » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:37 pm

tamarakay wrote:I really want this to work for you. Stop by Dye with Dignity monkeyhut in BarbieDeathCamp, dye yourself a dustscarf and fill me in on how it's going :D

Yay!! We'll come find you!!
(^o^)

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Elorrum wrote:Wow, I didn't expect to feel that. I was really feeling snarky towards it when I got off work, but some dinner and a little jazz has mellowed me.

I told you not to have that glass of wine.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby shabanayas » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 pm

2) If you absolutely must make a documentary this year, make it about what you know: birgins discovering the event. Don't try to force some ideas on event you don't understand yet, use that lack of having been to your advantage. The strongest documentaries come from finding a connection with the people watching it- approaching it as newcomers give them access to the story you want to get across.

I'd do some simple set up shots when you arrive, maybe lots on your first day, but then take a day off to explore without camera. You'll discover that cameras have a way of separating you- let yourself into the environment to discover what it is.

Eric, that is great insight and confirms a lot of what I had in mind initially, and might have deviated from. The thing about having a camera handy is that I think capturing the raw experience, documenting our reactions there - and not 7 days removed when we are back home - could be something very powerful, raw. I know reading is not direct experience, but everything I've gathered thus far and heard from peers, family, and even here, confirms something pretty unique. Can't wait. Thank you for the input.
shabanayas

Postby (^o^) » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Eric wrote:Since you haven't been yet, I have two thoughts:

1) Don't do the documentary your first year. You're basically setting yourself up to either experience the event at arms length (or with one foot firmly planted in the "real world"), which means that you're not going to understand people's feeling quite as well; or you're going to get so distracted by what you discover you're going to remember on Sunday that you forgot to film all week & nothing got done.

I would really suggest going one year & experiencing the event, it will give you a much better idea of what version of the event you want to show- and when I see this:

There is a huge disparity in appearance and what Burning Man was originally founded on.

it just points out the misunderstanding that Burning Man was "founded on" something, instead of growing into something. It was founded as a bonfire on the beach- that's pretty much it. Everything else came later- and what that "everything else" actually means has never been settled (just poke around this forum for a while, you'll see that)

First of all thank you very much for your time and input. We are not necessarily going in blind to film a final documentary, we're actually going in this year to experience, film, scout and see for ourselves. All of it will lead up to 2013 when we are planning to have gathered enough material (interviews etc) to make a decent presentable documentary. That's the plan. Right now we're just really starting out, we literally did it this week so anything, any advice will help that's why we came here. We have contacted the Burning Man people and they were very responsive and gave us the rundown of what we need, we are signed up for tickets we are preparing we just really need help. After opening this thread I realized I could've had different approach in posting but now it's done and the conversation has started so we'll keep it going I guess. Once again thank you! Would love to hear from you again!
(^o^)

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Well, no one can say you're reactionary, or unable to take criticism. :) I happen to agree with Eric, but whatever happens--I hope you attend, that you don't view it all from behind a camera, and that when it's over you startle us all with some angle we haven't seen the documentarians cover before (won't be easy). Best of luck.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Mr. Possibility » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 am

BeyondIndigo wrote:Ugh, how obnoxious. If anyone were to call me a tourist, my chosen form of self expression would be many, many obscenities in their general direction. How dare someone judge you like that?! Isn't that what people go to BM to get AWAY from? That kind of judgement, the minefield of others' expectations, the pressure to conform? Even if what you're conforming to is non-conformist, if enough people are doing it, it BECOMES conformist. Who's to say that someone in jeans and a t-shirt isn't participating more than somebody in a tutu and nipple pasties with LEDS on their...I dunno, eyebrows or whatever...

Sorry, it just made my blood boil to read that. Isn't it more about attitude than dress? Isn't the whole thing more about a state of mind than about someone's furry rainbow leg warmers? That's definitely my understanding, as a complete Playa virgin. Sounds like those people had bad attitudes. Which is a real pity. You can have a bad attitude every other week of the year, why bring it to BM?

Clearly, the best solution here is to hang your cock out the fly of the khaki shorts or if your a girl, replace the t-shirt with a wet t-shirt or a no shirt. Conform that bitches.
Mr. Possibility

Postby DoctorIknow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 am

I agree that maybe you should scale WAY back for your first year.

But if you are really horny to be behind the lens but want to dial it back a notch, how about a documentary where you don't film anything/anyone farther than 100 steps (OK, take large steps) from where you sleep?

Out of the thousands of same-same youtube studies of BM, yours could be really intimate.

Here's one I remember more than countless vids I've watched...just a woman in a car during a dust storm, talking to her camera.. I suspect you can find this kind of richness in many of your 100 step neighbors!
http://youtu.be/ZOnK3CLNXDc
DoctorIknow

Postby (^o^) » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:31 am

@DoctorIknow You actually brought up a good point! We DO NOT want to be like the other 100 people on youtube who post their video
to show whatever it is that they want. Our goal is to make a legit film. So far our main interest is analyzing the disparity in appearance
and what Burning Man was originally founded on. I'm sure that my and my friend's idea of Burning Man is distorted. Everyone we talk to, everything
we read and every video we watch shows us completely different sides. Maybe that's what it's about? Diversity. Well then that's what we're gonna end up talking
about. Well, but there is a huge spiritual component that we've noticed in everyone's point of view. We're gonna tap into that as well. We're gonna document
things as they come. We want to distance ourselves from the "youtubers" and the simple little "woowho" videos, that is why we want to hear from the experienced burners
like yourselves so once again thank you and keep the feedback coming and please spread the word!
(^o^)

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 pm

i had to call my sponsor at SNARKANON to bring me down, and she had me step away from the computer...

"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom not to SNARK the stupid shit."

it seems to have worked.

Good Luck with That!

i'm done here.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:i had to call my sponsor at SNARKANON to bring me down, and she had me step away from the computer...

"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom not to SNARK the stupid shit."

it seems to have worked.

Good Luck with That!

i'm done here.

Damn, you're good....... ***Biting tongue*****
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

As moderator, I'd suggest that you get in touch with Burning Man about your project (use the press(at)burningman(dot)com email address). Because what you're intending to do requires special permission.

Personally though, it looks like you guys are asking for an awful lot of money for a project that's not very clearly defined. Generally speaking, when you're soliciting funding for a project you want to present a clear plan, and then do what you can to show potential backers that you have the ability to execute your plan. I don't see any of that.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:34 pm

dude, they're MANIFESTING IT!

why are you harshing on them?
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996