I will play my music collection for you very loudly

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Re: I will play my music collection for you very loudly

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

wh..sh wrote:
Roberto Dobbisano wrote:

HAIL!! HAIL!!

you, dear one, are good............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks Simon, I feel dirty now (and I remember hearing that as a kid & singing along with the chorus, don't think I was paying attention...)

Moonrise, these will be the only soundcannons:

PolkaNow.jpg
PolkaNow.jpg (239.95 KiB) Viewed 833 times
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Eric wrote:Thanks Simon, I feel dirty now (and I remember hearing that as a kid & singing along with the chorus, don't think I was paying attention...)

Moonrise, these will be the only soundcannons:

PolkaNow.jpg

egad!!! "Alpenhornagheddon"
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:24 am

vargaso wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:Amplified music may be banned in 2012. Can you play a trumpet or bagpipes?

Hmm, this may present a problem. However, from reading articles about Burning Man, I've found that adaptability is a key component. With this in mind, perhaps I could take a cue from the recent Occupy protests and employ a "human microphone" technique, wherein I would listen to a song on my iPod using headphones so as not to violate the prohibition on amplified music, then sing the lyrics and make guitar and drum noises, which would then be repeated by the inevitably large crowd that has gathered around me. Then an even larger crowd just a bit farther away could hear this smaller crowd repeating the sounds coming from me and start dancing to it.

Next question: is there an art grant proposal form available for me to download?

I've always loved the Danny Elfman soundtrack for Batman Returns -- really captures the essence of penguins with rockets strapped to their backs and a bloated Danny DeVito munching raw herring -- hence its obvious appropriateness for Burning Man.

Can you squeal like a penguin? If so, can you post a demo online?

Do you have a sister?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 am

"And when He had opened the 'SECOND SEAL,' I heard the 'Second Beast' say, Come. And there went out another Horse that was RED: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a GREAT SWORD."

YOU WILL DANCE TO THE LAST POLKA ON EARTH, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 am

The second seal (before opening)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby moonrise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:36 am

Laughing out loud & not surprised ^^ Years ago, I was 'gifted" a seal skin hat, by a burner, before I knew anything about the principals of the burn...I still have this hat, but I prefer my Ushanka hat, made off thick rabbit fur, it does keep me warm at night out there, and protects hearing at the same time. I should probably re-gift the seal skin hat, it looks odd on me.

a 60+ year old gal friend told me she didn't like Techno until the burn, funny!

Most EDM is different, I think? Smoother, I hope! some somaFM groove salad, that's my speed. But I do think I miss or missed the dubstep from 2010, wasn't as much of it 2011, as far as I could tell, but I was camped way out on L, not in Center Camp/Ring Road, huuuge difference. I'm glad I did my first "real" burn at CC and Ring Rd, unforgetable! Wow! For me, finding some live music is do-able, just have to seek and ye shall discover...
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby lemur » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:42 pm

moonrise wrote:Most EDM is different, I think? Smoother, I hope! some somaFM groove salad, that's my speed. But I do think I miss or missed the dubstep from 2010, wasn't as much of it 2011, as far as I could tell, but I was camped way out on L, not in Center Camp/Ring Road, huuuge difference. I'm glad I did my first "real" burn at CC and Ring Rd, unforgetable! Wow! For me, finding some live music is do-able, just have to seek and ye shall discover...

what is the difference? are ya saying theres lotsa dance music when you camped at center camp/ring road?
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby moonrise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

There were some live bands, musicians etc more readily avaiable at CC Ring RD, wandering in that area...I'm sure you know this, I think, lemur, because you are a badass chef at Lamp Lighters (ego stroking ya) but I think you earned it for sure. (and yes, inside center camp had live music often, but I didn't make a habit of going in there much) Maybe I'll come back to LL's in 2012 and make the ~Volcano fire drinks, explosive insanity and my best performance, 2010, was AT Lamp Lighters! We lit the whole fucking bar on fire (didn't burn it down, m'k, but close) and then blazed up the fire pit and bunch of fun was had.
I bring and gift some of the elements, and they are not toxic. I'll ask for you lemur, if I make it to LL'rs. fyi, I do this only after dark-thirty.

Nowadays, 2011 and future burns, I have found some long lost burner freinds, and they show me rock bands and such...when I can keep up! Also made plenty of new freinds, we sometimes find live music. I know I probably didn't answer your question accurately, but hey man, it's burning man!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby moonrise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:57 pm

woops, too late to edit^^^

The musicians were usually headed to CCamp to play, sometimes they would come to our camp's livingroom and play live for us, and there were plenty of music dance camps a block or two back, also Tangoe'd Up in Blue on the corner and some LOUD MV's, all around, intense location right up front :shock: fun.

The ~Volcano fire drink, I made intense showy flambes for a living for 20+ years, anyway flames can be 1 to up to 5, 10 or 15 tall, I control the height for safety (3rd-ish) it requires me to team with a (topless, we hope) stilter to reach over 10 foot tall flames when making the ~Volcano. The glasses are covered in candy after flaming a few times each, then coffee rum (&mshine?lol) and liquers finish the drink. I had NO CLUE this would be popular at the burn. Someone on eplaya told me it would be, when I was prepping for my burngin year, so I busted ass and put it together and it worked out...I'm actually shy and don't like crowds, but everyone enjoys the various flambe displays and ~Volcano cocktails & I get over my shyness. (throw bacon! not flowers haha)
I haven't made the drinks with a stilter on playa, yet...

Sorry for the thread hijack....back to loud music!
moonrise

Postby lemur » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:37 pm

i always felt the centercamp area was pretty quiet and devoid of annoying loud music save for when the big art cars ride through

i only remember the sound system from center camp cafe getting really loud with annoying dance music a handful of times in the past few years.. or maybe its some vehicle parking in a perfect spot.. totally makes the ground under lamplighter village shake..

i want to play loud music on your sound system ...

i quite enjoyed playing music as loud as the lamplighters system could go this year a few times.. surely the sun coming up to frank sinatras swingin sound is what black rock city needs more of..
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby HiBbY » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:42 pm

This is dubstep, but i i know a lot of people who hate dub and are all into psycidelic trance who loooooooooove this song. the beat bumps and joints like once, just a bit more bouncy and a tad sparatic. but its a great song none the less
c = 1 gives the sequence 0, 1, 2, 5, 26,…, which tends to infinity...
HiBbY

Postby HiBbY » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Play this for me. LOUDLY!!!!
c = 1 gives the sequence 0, 1, 2, 5, 26,…, which tends to infinity...
HiBbY

Previous

Return to 2012 Art & Performance