I just want to wear normal clothes

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Re: I just want to wear normal clothes

Postby FossaFerox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:02 am

jneilvindy wrote:People always think I'm an under cover cop.

I just don't get it!

Do you know what under cover means? At best you look like an off-duty cop. At worst you look like a cop who's uniform shirt got dirty so he had to wear his civvies on patrol.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.
FossaFerox

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:26 am

FossaFerox wrote:Do you know what under cover means? At best you look like an off-duty cop. At worst you look like a cop who's uniform shirt got dirty so he had to wear his civvies on patrol.

You have obviously never been in a camp when someone who looks like jneilvindy walks in. I've heard plenty of people assume anyone who looks the least bit "military" or "cop" (whatever fits that stereotype in their head) is "undercover", even though they blatantly look like "a cop".

Do not give too much credit to the intelligence of the human race. No matter how many times people on this board warn newbies that the undercovers "have been going longer than you, have better costumes than you, and have a better art-car than you", people still assume they can spot them. If they were that easy to spot, no police department would use them.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby AntiM » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 am

In high school, white socks meant narc. Ah, the 70s, what a time.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jneilvindy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:33 am

What's really ironic about that pic of me is that I took it while sitting outside in my car waiting for the husband who was a parole officer and US marshall to come out from his office and meet me for lunch 8)

Me I'm just a social worker who gives away people's hard-earned tax dollars!
jneilvindy

Burning Since: 2014

Previous

Return to Clothing & Playawear