NEED BRAIDS IN RENO!

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

NEED BRAIDS IN RENO!

Postby peepers85 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello there! I am a first time burner and do not want to deal with my long thick hair on the playa. I am looking for someone to braid colors in to it for a decent price in the Reno area. No first time burner braiders though please, I don't want loose braids and whatnot. :mrgreen:
peepers85

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: lamp lighters

Re: NEED BRAIDS IN RENO!

Postby Ratty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Peepers, Don't be so darn picky. Go to the Sands and ask fellow burners. Someone will braid your hair and give you a beer. Loosen up. No professional braiding is gonna make your burn any easier. Or, look on line or in the phone book and visit a salon. Sheesh. Braids.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby peepers85 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Haha! I'm not uptight about it, I just don't want them coming out, it's a pain in the ass to comb/brush through my mane when it's ratty. When should I go there?
peepers85

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: lamp lighters

Postby Ratty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm

There will be burners at the Sands for the week before. In fact the town is full of burners and I'd be surprised if you couldn't get the braids at any number of salons. You can braid in anything you like so don't stick with the standard store-bought fake hair. Look around. It's like a bird building a nest. Cloth strips, yarn, plastic bags, durable jewelry, shoelaces....Whatever. Have fun.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby silkkat813 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:45 am

Sands... Circus Circus... Grand Sierra... almost any place in Reno will have Burners on way to playa. When are you headed out there? Maybe try to organize a braid party.

If your braids do come out and your hair gets dreadlocky, put conditioner in it (off playa) and leave it there for a day. Then soak in water. Then repeat. Might take a few days of repeating.
*taking the long way HOME*
silkkat813

Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Return to Clothing & Playawear