What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.
I found these in my local Walmart for $11: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-ATV-G ... k/16777859
Inexpensive, and on first look seems as good as other options.
- anyone with experience using these?
- I would like to use goggles over my glasses, or optical sunglasses. I am not sure about the fit at the temples. Any suggestions - or alternatives?
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:41 am
- Burning Since: 2012
Those appear to not leak dust (unlike the cheap goggles you find @ surplus shops).
Go to a local motorsports shop and try the "Scott" brand goggles - they make over-the-glasses models. Probably around $30 or so - a good investment.
Note that the orange tinted lenses work great in day, but will make things very dark @ night.
Oh, be sure to purchase them from your local shop too.
- Posts: 510
- Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:30 pm
- Location: heading north on forever street
Army surplus goggles should work well over glasses, not cost too much, and have an interchangeable tinted lens. Uncle Sam has lots of soldiers out in desert conditions and uses them as a one size fits all for soldiers in the field. For bonus points, you could paint them or 'art them up' in some way.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 12998
- Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
- Location: San Francisco
- Burning Since: 2004
- Camp Name: Eridu Society
I used those exact goggles last year. They have a mesh/foam vent, which let in a bit of dust, but I didn't find it to be much of a problem. Most of the foam sort of... disintegrated, by the end of the week, though. This year, I'm ordering a pair of these - http://www.amazon.com/Global-Vision-Gog ... B00239X8VY
, and seeing how they go.
- Posts: 378
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm
- Burning Since: 2011
- Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's
Return to Clothing & Playawear
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: asr9754 and 3 guests