OK, the coats are in the hands of UPS. Nothing more to do.
Here are a few additional photos of the coats...I only got one shot of the lining in the coat, but I added a "monogram" of sorts.
The battery pack, where it will be, but it is now in its own little velcro closure pocket.
Controller, also now in its own velcro closed pocket.
One of the additional inside pockets, also with velcro closure. My not-so-fancy monogramming.
Had my friend Jenny sew on two metal rings on the back. One is at the collar, the other near the base. When we get on the bikes, we will hook them together with the carabiner as to keep the coat out of the rear wheel. Fortunately we discovered this issue in 2010...my friend had on a coat with tails. Better that coat, than one full of electronics.
Remote control vinyl pocket on sleeve. Infrared LED emitter has been removed, and wires soldered to remote. LED is now soldered to other end of wires, and LED is taped to the controller. This way we don't have to remove the remote from the pocket to make mode changes.
Only shot I have of both coats turned on. Draped over chairs in the shop at work.
Next images and update will be post-playa. I know there will be repairs, but as long as I get a couple of good nights out of them, I will be pleased.
Oh, and I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to my friend Jenny Campbell. http://mermaidworkshop.com/http://jennycampbellonline.com
She recently moved to NOLA and works as a designer here:http://sccnola.com
No affiliation, involvement, kickbacks or anything else. I just think she is AMAZING and want her to succeed! Her work on these coats (she made the coat and the lining...I did the LEDs) surpassed my wildest expectations.
Hoping they will be epic! See you all in the dust!