Experience with Global Vision Eliminator Goggles?

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Experience with Global Vision Eliminator Goggles?

Postby Prauw » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 am

Hey there!

I've been googling around a lot to find the perfect BM goggles and it seems like a lot of ladies said the Eliminator goggles fit smaller faces just fine.
Okay, Eliminator goggles it is.
But...I still have some options to choose from and I'm hoping to get some reviews from Burners who's used a pair for previous years on the playa.

There's one version that automatically changes color with the light in 2 options: "yellow to smoked" or "clear to smoked".
Which one worked best for you @ night. Yellow or clear?

Then there's also the posibility to buy the Eliminator goggles with interchangeable lenses in all 3 colors, clear, yellow and smoked.
Did anyone buy those and what do you think: nice to instantly change between light/dark or a pain in the A**?

Thanks for the help everyone and see you on the playa!

Prwauw
Prauw

Re: Experience with Global Vision Eliminator Goggles?

Postby Raymaker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:42 am

my opinion is that you'll love any goggles that fit well, on the first day you'll love any little extra thing they can do, like change lense color, by day two, you will just forget and not notice and not give a damn they can do that.
Raymaker

Postby danibel » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 pm

I like clear more than yellow for night time. I have some Birdz that have all three color lenses. The yellows are kinda neat in the middle of the day when you are treking around checking out art in the day. I would go for smoke/clear, but that's me.

Unfortunately I may have to replace this set of Birdz because the soft gasket is getting worn off from 3 years on the playa. If I can figure out a way to repair them, I will.
In dust we trust.
danibel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Postby Savannah » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:00 pm

I have a smallish face (if not a small head/amount of hair) and find that GI issue sun/wind/dust goggles from Army Surplus stores work great and provide a broad view. They have nice, spongy lining that conforms to the face without leaving deep marks. Many are sold with two or three colors' lenses. Mine has a clear lense--invaluable for the rare, nighttime duststorm--and a green one for day, which gets a lot more use. The button holding the lens down requires a bit of finger strength to pop open, so I travel with a small wooden ruler for leverage. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby happydragon » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:38 pm

I used the clear to smoke eliminators this past year on playa and have now bought two more pairs just so I have spares because I really liked them. I now keep one in my playa camelbak, one pair lives permanently in my trailer, the third I keep in my search and rescue pack for my volunteer SAR gig. They were great!
happydragon

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Thunder Spoon

Postby Prauw » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks for the help people!!
Prauw

Postby kitkatseattle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Prauw wrote:Hey there!

I've been googling around a lot to find the perfect BM goggles and it seems like a lot of ladies said the Eliminator goggles fit smaller faces just fine.
Okay, Eliminator goggles it is.
But...I still have some options to choose from and I'm hoping to get some reviews from Burners who's used a pair for previous years on the playa.

There's one version that automatically changes color with the light in 2 options: "yellow to smoked" or "clear to smoked".
Which one worked best for you @ night. Yellow or clear?

Then there's also the posibility to buy the Eliminator goggles with interchangeable lenses in all 3 colors, clear, yellow and smoked.
Did anyone buy those and what do you think: nice to instantly change between light/dark or a pain in the A**?

Thanks for the help everyone and see you on the playa!

Prwauw

I bought the "yellow to smoke" Eliminators for last year. I have a smaller face too, and they fit me just fine. Before I left I was disappointed that the "smoke" didn't seem darker, but they worked out well day and night for me.
Kat
kitkatseattle

Postby mazatta » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm

No matter what you buy, it doesn't hurt to have a spare pair. I unknowingly popped one of the lenses out on my goggles last year when I wasn't wearing them, but thankfully had a backup pair.
mazatta

Postby MikieCGY » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Perfect! I like these inter changeable ones! *click**buy*
MikieCGY

Postby vaktel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:20 pm

danibel wrote:I like clear more than yellow for night time. I have some Birdz that have all three color lenses. The yellows are kinda neat in the middle of the day when you are treking around checking out art in the day. I would go for smoke/clear, but that's me.

Unfortunately I may have to replace this set of Birdz because the soft gasket is getting worn off from 3 years on the playa. If I can figure out a way to repair them, I will.

out of curiosity, which birdz do you have and do they keep the dust out well or do they need some tweaking? do they fog up at all? i think it's time to upgrade my goggles...
vaktel

Return to Clothing & Playawear