Belts, Belts, Belts

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Re: Belts, Belts, Belts

Postby illy dilly » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Not exactly a belt, but figured I'd post it here anyway.
I just put a bid on this item on Ebay. I finally found one I can afford. Cross your fingers for me!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxpedition-Foliage-Green-Gearslinger-Monsoon-Shoulder-Pack-Bag-LOOKS-NEW-/140780140803?pt=US_Laptop_Cases_Bags&hash=item20c7267903

I've been wanting one for over, actually almost exactly, a year it looks like
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=40106
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Savannah » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Drawingablank wrote:I really don't know how much weight and it is kind of hard to plan how you will feel about these things until you're in the dust with it. It will really depend on how I end up using it on the playa which is one of the reasons I made the pouch system so flexible.

I have pouches that will hold everything I normally carry in my camelback mule, and if used that way it will be pretty heavy due to the water. Without water it would only need to hold a pound or two.

At the very least I will use it with just a few small pouches for ciggs and an altoid tin since none of my skirts has pockets.

Somehow I expect it to fall somewhere in the middle with the mule for water and less frequently used stuff, and a few pouches for stuff I don't like to have to dig around in the mule for all the time.

Using it for cigarettes and ashtray is a good plan, and probably justifies its existence right there. Other light stuff you could stick in there: kleenex travel pack, lip balm, sanitizer, mini mag light.

I had a belt made specifically to hold just my camera and spare batteries/memory cards, because I'm 50/50 on wearing a belt (depends on my mood and what I'm wearing) but I HATE digging for my camera in a knapsack. When I want my camera, I want it right away. :lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Drawingablank » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 am

Ok, the neverending belt project is pretty much done, although if I get ambitious I may test out a few other pouch styles.
From the right - D ring, 32 oz nalgene, and poi or goggle pouch.
From the left - Cigg pouch, altoid tin pouch, and clip. Far right is the poi pouch from previous pic.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Ratty » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Drawing, Very pretty! You did a great job on construction too. It'll serve you well.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby lazerfox » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:37 am

I always love your color combinations and fabric selections Drawingablank!!
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Previous

Return to Clothing & Playawear