Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

Postby RedHeaven » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

I got a pair of these gardening gloves and brought them to BRC last time I was there and they rocked. They rocked so hard I just got a new fresh pair because I think I enjoy wearing them on playa even when I'm not working. I have really sensitive hands, my skin gets really dry and cuticles crack in everyday life, playa just destroys them. When I wear these (Theyre called 'Touch') I can feel things in detail, its like wearing skin, and they breathe well. They have grip too. I just got a pair of hot pink ones, thought I would share the random new fun burning man item I just discovered ;)

http://www.gardenbasket.com/atlas_nitrile_glove.html

I got mine for 6 bucks at local garden shop.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Re: Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

Postby Savannah » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

Cool! Thanks for the idea. :)

As one whose hands get a little battered herself, allow me to recommend in return Liquid Bandage--the kind that comes in a small bottle with a little brush. (I believe I use "Skin Shield" from Walgreen's.) It's wonderful for hangnails/cuticles and very, very fine cuts that are hard to bandage. It's antiseptic & can stay on for a day or two through multiple hand-washings.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Re: Great Playa work gloves for sensitive hands

Postby headquarters » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 am

yeah atlas nitrile gloves are awesome. I've been using them for work for the last 15 years.
headquarters

Return to Clothing & Playawear