How many outfits or costumes do you bring?

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Re: How many outfits or costumes do you bring?

Postby TomServo » Tue May 22, 2012 8:47 am

Two costumes..

and
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby tattoogoddess » Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Very good advice. As a virgin I guess I don't know that feeling you get out there so I can only imagine and hope I will feel better about my self if that makes sense. I am a huge seamstress. Not to the point where I can make a wedding dress ( im sure I could if I tried) but yeah. Alot of the clothes I am thinking about taking are things I have sewn up in the past few months. Getting inspired from past BM videos and pictures as well as etsy clothes that look comfy. Wriping apart shirts and making them into skirts, armwarmers ect ect. Once I see the list of events I will have a better Idea of things I want to make.

I really want to wear a skirt and "bra" while out there I just don't know if I can break down my self enough to do it. I really want to push my self out there and let all it out the window.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Ratty » Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm

That's the spirit. The clothing theme is, "In your wildest dream". You might try a sheer cape at first. .....After you venture out and meet the population, you'll lose the cape and most of your inhibitions. Dress for YOU. Your smile will pull it off.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby Savannah » Tue May 22, 2012 9:57 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:Very good advice. As a virgin I guess I don't know that feeling you get out there so I can only imagine and hope I will feel better about my self if that makes sense. I am a huge seamstress. Not to the point where I can make a wedding dress ( im sure I could if I tried) but yeah. Alot of the clothes I am thinking about taking are things I have sewn up in the past few months. Getting inspired from past BM videos and pictures as well as etsy clothes that look comfy. Wriping apart shirts and making them into skirts, armwarmers ect ect. Once I see the list of events I will have a better Idea of things I want to make.

I really want to wear a skirt and "bra" while out there I just don't know if I can break down my self enough to do it. I really want to push my self out there and let all it out the window.

I'll bet you'll find that you can bring yourself to do skirt + bra. Here's a fun way to do it: if necessary, start with a sarong as a dress, cross-crossed over a bra and whatever (tied behind your neck). When you're comfortable that way, uncover the bra and drop the sarong down to the hip and tie at the side. Suddenly you're a bare-tummied island maiden. w00t.

You might not even need that. You will see people of all shapes wearing whatever the hell they want, and it's very encouraging.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby tattoogoddess » Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 pm

See thats the thing out of the photos and videos i have seen, I have not seen a plus sized gal like my self "uncovered" I SOOOO badly want to run around like the skinny girls but have yet to see it. Im sure there are. I will just have to bring it with and if I feel the fire under my bum do it.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Savannah » Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Yep, bring your options. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Eric » Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:See thats the thing out of the photos and videos i have seen, I have not seen a plus sized gal like my self "uncovered" I SOOOO badly want to run around like the skinny girls but have yet to see it. Im sure there are. I will just have to bring it with and if I feel the fire under my bum do it.

Trust me, there are a lot of "plus sized" people of both genders running around uncovered. The photos & videos are a really really bad way to judge what happens out there.

Bring things just in-case you decide you want to. You may surprise yourself.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby graidawg » Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 am

Eric wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:See thats the thing out of the photos and videos i have seen, I have not seen a plus sized gal like my self "uncovered" I SOOOO badly want to run around like the skinny girls but have yet to see it. Im sure there are. I will just have to bring it with and if I feel the fire under my bum do it.

Trust me, there are a lot of "plus sized" people of both genders running around uncovered. The photos & videos are a really really bad way to judge what happens out there.

+3 I've said it before i didn't see a single unnatractive person while i was on the playa. Not because they were all beautiful models but because they did what they wanted too and dressed how they wanted too.

have i mentioned i wore my hello kitty towel as a sarong for a few days because i didnt bring a sarong/skirt/kilt?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed May 23, 2012 4:17 am

My dear GD, I expect to see you this year in a sarong from Dye With Dignity. 8)

(((TTG))) I want to tell you that I saw, my very first day in BRC, I saw 2 older (60+) plus sized ladies, stark naked. And they were beautiful. 8) After that there was no "shell" left for me to come out of. :P

And a very dear person came to me, early in the week, to ask if I had a safety pin. :? Being the compulsively over-prepared person that I am, I OF COURSE had a safety pin I could lay my hands on immediately :lol: :lol: :lol: but as I offered it to her in quiet triumph :lol: she told me she wanted it to pin her dress closed over her cleavage! :shock: :shock: :shock: I told her she could certainly have the daggone pin, but, assured her that it was not at all necessary. The next time I saw her she had tiger stripes painted on her boobs. 8) Beautiful.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby AntiM » Wed May 23, 2012 6:13 am

Eric wrote:

Yes, it is the pretty pretties who get their pictures taken and posted most often. The rest of us are busy being ourselves. You'll find what suits you.

LOL, some days it looks like a freaking AARP Naturalist Convention on the playa!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 am

AntiM wrote:LOL, some days it looks like a freaking AARP Naturalist Convention on the playa!

:D
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Previous

Return to Clothing & Playawear