Will these goggles...

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Will these goggles...

Postby tffy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Work? :)

I've been to the event once, with a silly thrift-store snowboarding mask. Luckily the weather was good. I remember people wearing even sunglasses... yet I'm worried about the sand/dust getting under the glasses I bought for the upcoming year and wreaking havoc on my vision... so, reassure me... do I need my goggle-pads to fully encircle the eye, or will my current ones (shown) suffice? :)

Thanks!

-Gene
tffy

Re: Will these goggles...

Postby illy dilly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Depends on the shape of your face.

Put them on. Get a spray bottle (water not ammonia!!!) and spray the shit out of the goggle from every side. If water gets in, then dust will too in a dust storm.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Without a full seal, the dust WILL get in.

I've always have very good just with ski goggles and motocross goggles. The foam seal is also wider and thus nicer to your face than that thin hard foam on those you showed.

Motorcycle Superstore and Bike Bandit almost always have some sort of sale or clearance going on. You should be able to get goggles from there for around $10-$15.

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:59 pm

For example:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/4/34018/ITEM/Smith-SC-Goggle.aspx

At worst you may want to do what I did to my ski goggles. I put some blue painters tape over the thin foam on the inside of the goggles where it normally lets air in.

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby goner19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 pm

just get some spray 77 and add a lil foam where there is none...simple
goner19

Postby trilobyte » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Ideally, you want to fully encircle the eye and have no vents... otherwise dust will get in. Military or sand-boarding (not snow) goggles generally fit the bill, though you can usually mod regular goggles without too much trouble (as suggested above).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Clothing & Playawear