Has anyone used these goggles before?

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Re: Has anyone used these goggles before?

Postby Nymue » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 am

mazatta wrote:Hmm that's good to know about the astaxanthin, as I am normally loath to leave the house without my shades. Is it something you'd find at a health food store? Wikipedia didn't seem to have too much info on it from a cursory glance.

My plan was to use the goggles sparingly when the dust is flying (or the outfit calls for it) and use shades the rest of the time.

Yup, astaxanthin is pretty popular right now, so you should be able to find it at a Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods. Actually, I know for a fact that Vitamin Shoppe carries it, saw it there the other day. I take 8g a day. I'm not sure how long it will take to have an effect on your eyes, it was just something I realized one day. Even if you don't have enough time to see a beneficial effect for Burning Man, it'll help eventually and be worth it if you've got sensitive peepers!

If you want to read up on it, here is Dr. Mercola's write up on it:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/23/astaxanthin-the-eye-antioxidant-550-times-more-powerful-than-vitamin-e.aspx
You might need to create a user ID in order to view it, but it's free, and they won't send you anything in email unless you sign up for it. I highly recommend his newsletter though. Good stuff for natural health.
Locked up inside you
Like the calm beneath castles
Is a cavern of treasure that
No one has been to.
Let's go digging.
- Tool, 4°
Nymue

Re: Has anyone used these goggles before?

Postby 5x5 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks for the scoop - I restocked on goggles but unfortunately some I didn't notice were coming from another country and may not make it in time - I ordered a pair of these just in case :P You can never have too many pairs right?

As a note about them not getting really dark in the day - if you aren't wearing contacts, or possibly even if you are, you can probably get away with sunglasses for clear air to moderate dust - especially if they wrap around the sides more. If it's getting fairly constant dusty to white out conditions, it won't be nearly as sunny out, so the chances of needed really dark shades and full dust protection are fairly slim in my opinion/experience.

Sensitivities to sun, irritable eyes or contacts may have a different story however.
5x5

Previous

Return to Clothing & Playawear