Searching for source of LED string on 3 AAs

A place to discuss all things involving power and lighting. Generator tips, alternative energy, lighting your camp/bike/art/self and more.

Searching for source of LED string on 3 AAs

Postby phil » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:55 pm

I ordered these a couple of years ago broke a wire this year. I believe I ordered them from Taiwan or Hong Kong. _Very_ bright LEDs on a clear insulated wire about 6 feet long. Off/On Steady/On Blinking. Anybody know where they're available? I recall them being mailed from Asia and arriving promptly here in the USA.
phil

Re: Searching for source of LED string on 3 AAs

Postby Sic Pup » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:09 pm

I picked up a couple of these and I'm very happy with them ($4 and free shipping helps)

https://www.dealextreme.com/p/30-led-2- ... ngth-46567
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Check eBay.. so many led strings and tapes available for so cheap now. Don't be scared of shipping from Asia, either.

Search led rope lights battery, led SMD RGB, etc. You can get 16ft of fully sequenced RGB LEDs with remote control for like $40. 15' led rope lights on battery pack for like $20. Prices are coming down quickly.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Sic Pup wrote:I picked up a couple of these and I'm very happy with them ($4 and free shipping helps)

That's the one!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby phil » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Sic Pup wrote:I picked up a couple of these and I'm very happy with them ($4 and free shipping helps)

I believe that's it! I just ordered another three.
phil

Postby StevenGoodman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:21 am

4-6 hour run time on three AA batteries doesn't seem very good?

I have two strings of multi-color LEDs I got at OSH for about $15 each, and they will run all night on one AA. And they are solar. And it included a clamp as well as the silly ground stake. They should be available again heading into Christmas. The brand was New Ray, but the ones OSH had were better than the ones advertised on TV.

I have not found the ones I bought available online.

Martini Steve
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill
StevenGoodman

Postby ibdave » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Love Love Love These Micro lights on wire and AAA batteries Look around.. Great ship also.
http://www.christmas-light-source.com/L ... c_252.html
8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Sham » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:09 am

I have found some very cool LED lights now showing up on store shelves for Christmas. One in Target looks like the "ring pop" type of light. I have not found an image of that online, but here is a ring pop! They come in multiple colors and I think a string of 10, running on 4 AA batteries. I usually wait until clearance time to buy them.
Sham

Postby BBadger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Shambala wrote:I have found some very cool LED lights now showing up on store shelves for Christmas. One in Target looks like the "ring pop" type of light. I have not found an image of that online, but here is a ring pop! They come in multiple colors and I think a string of 10, running on 4 AA batteries. I usually wait until clearance time to buy them.

Junglesmacks pointed me to Extreme Glow, for stuff like that, and it had a lot of good stuff that I used this year. They also have some LED strands that run on 2AA. $10 though. You could also try using their Power Sticks and rewiring them.

They usually have a discount code nearing the BM event for 10% off I believe, which adds up (pays for the shipping essentially), so if you can hold off, maybe get it then.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby tink2011 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I got a whole bunch of them at Target, but it was during the after Xmas sale. Blue and white. Anyplace online sells em cheap. I've ordered online before, just order a few more than you really want, as a strand may be dysfunctional when it arrives...it's from China.
tink2011

Return to Power & Illumination