M and N

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

M and N

Postby laughhearty » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:26 pm

I noticed theses streets: M and N, were faint on the official map. Is this because there is an anticipation of them filling up.
We like to camp on the very outer ring somewhere between 7 and 9. Not sure if it's Lilac or N.
Anyone with info on this?

Thanks!
laughhearty

Re: M and N

Postby SnowBlind » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm

laughhearty wrote:I noticed theses streets: M and N, were faint on the official map. Is this because there is an anticipation of them filling up.
We like to camp on the very outer ring somewhere between 7 and 9. Not sure if it's Lilac or N.
Anyone with info on this?

Thanks!

My understanding was that they won't be there to begin with, but if it turns out mid week that they need more space, they can open those up quickly. They might survey them upfront to speed that process up.

Ultimately, when you show up on Monday, you'll see what the outermost road is.
It's just possible that another road or two show up a few days later. ;)
SnowBlind

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 pm

What Snowblind said. Based on actual city space usage last year and calculating out based on this year's expected population they won't be necessary. But every year is different, it's tough to say how spacious camps will organize themselves. The placement team watches things pretty closely, and if things start to get tight they'll coordinate with all the right people so the expansion streets get marked & water trucks (for dust abatement), and to direct new arrivals to look over there for space.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Last year they added "N" (I believe) when they realized they needed the extra room.

Hell, if everyone coordinated to make camps efficient the city would only have to go back to H or I. Damn hippies & their stoner camp planning...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Eric wrote:Last year they added "N" (I believe) when they realized they needed the extra room.

Hell, if everyone coordinated to make camps efficient the city would only have to go back to H or I. Damn hippies & their stoner camp planning...

You mean randomly pulling off the road and putting up their tent anyway times 6 or 7?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Shelter & Camping