Buying a carport in Los Angeles?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Buying a carport in Los Angeles?

Postby scott_k » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Pardon me if this is answered elsewhere, but where can I buy a carport in the Los Angeles area?

My budget is about $200. I do not have a Costco membership, but I am willing to become a "member" if someone can confirm that they are stocking the carport. I tried calling several times and the even elite warehouse folk had no clue what I was talking about.

Also, if anyone is selling their old carport, I might be interested. Thanks!
scott_k

Burning Since: 2011

Re: Buying a carport in Los Angeles?

Postby Kampy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Funny, I'm in the exact same situation as you, and my name is also Scott K. weird! :lol:

I also live in LA, and can't seem to get good information from Costco re: their carports. I'm not a member either, so it's not like I can just pop into a costco and see what they have. And I'm also interested in buying someone's used carport...

I'm just about to step out the door to go (possibly) buy a carport on my lunch break. I'm hoping to buy one at Harbor Freight. This one to be exact:
http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-15 ... 68217.html

It costs $230, but you can get a 20% off coupon (that expires tomorrow) off their homepage which should bring the price down to $185. Here's a direct link:
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidg ... ycode=1500
find me at Camp Cohesion. 4:15/H
Kampy

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Cohesion

Postby Homiesinheaven » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:11 pm

thanks for the coupon link! someone mentioned that the Costco in Hawthorne had some. you can also try PepBoys where they sell ShelterLogic 10X20s and i've also seen huge 12X26 ones there.
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Actually, you can pop in, see if they have a carport, go and get your membership, and then buy your carport. All in one trip. It turns out that you can get in Costco, but you can't buy without your card.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby whatevan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:41 pm

anybody have any experiance with the Caravan 10x20 carport as opposed the the shelterlogic?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Caravan-Canop ... t/11007577

flying into Reno and I'm able to get the Caravan shipped to the store as opposed to the Shelterlogic which will only ship to a home address
whatevan

Postby Homiesinheaven » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:42 am

the ShelterLogic has 2 inch poles, this one has 1 3/8. i've used these smaller ones as playa kitchen shades and they work fine, they're still made out of steel. you just get a bit sturdier frame on the ShelterLogic.
Homiesinheaven

Return to Shelter & Camping