finding last minute camp

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

finding last minute camp

Postby DiegoSanPedro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 pm

hey y'all

I might have to find a last minute camp this year.

what are you're experiences in finding last minute camps?

would it be easy to wing it when i get there?

thanks
feels good man
DiegoSanPedro

Re: finding last minute camp

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Depends what you bring to the table... Our camp *SOMETIMES* accepts members post-opening, but they have to put up with a lot, and bring a lot to the theme, camp, and interactivity, plus pay all applicable camp dues plus a penalty tax.

Trust me, it's not something we normally do... and we're pretty easy going compared to most.

People who show up and flake usually find their camp gear neatly strewn about the road in front of the camp, thence to be processed into disposable chunks by the parade of art cars that float on by. (Actually, they are asked to relocate.) We get stellar placement and get asked by a lot of last minuters who have nothing, but *swear* how they'll do all this stuff for the camp. Guess what happens about Wednesday? Guess how much our moop quotient goes up? Guess who gets stuck cleaning up soeone elses mess?

Besides... why do you need a camp? You can camp anywhere on playa pretty much, and not put up with assholes (like me)!!
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey DiegoSanPedro,

Look for a theme camp here. Look for something that matches your personality and write a nice note introducing yourself via PM or email.

2012 Theme Camps
viewforum.php?f=283

But if you can raise a tent and shade and pound rebar like a boss, you don't need a camp. You'll have neighbors. Introduce yourself! You can visit theme camps all day if you like.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby silkrock » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm looking for a camp and I have emailed 7 camps and no one has replied back to me. Where are the spiritual camps. This year I want to walk with god.
Have a Love-A-Fair with Life!

Silkrock
silkrock

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dilated peoples

Postby mamasharon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Dragon Wagon/ Fantasyland is still accepting helpful campers. We could use some muscles for dragon building. See post under theme camps.
mamasharon

Return to Shelter & Camping