Geo Dome Swap in Nor Cal?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Geo Dome Swap in Nor Cal?

Postby clerkkent » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Our theme camp has been using 17' diameter geo domes for camp infrastructure for the last few years. They can fit easily into our wagons and assemble fairly quickly. One dome has always been reserved for the public interactivity (playing with Lego), but as we get more popular, an 17 footer (which really means <15 feet diameter of usable human space) is getting too small. back in 2007 we had borrowed a 24' or so diameter dome that was much more roomie, and worked well as I had (still have) a 35' chute to cover it with. (picture attached).
whitedome.jpg
After building three domes, we really don't want to fab up another one, plus we have no storage space for a fourth one. So, what I'm wanting to do is trade one of our complete 17' domes (struts, nuts N bolts, and orange chute- pic attached) for someone's 24' or so diameter dome (struts, & hardware), or some similar deal to get a bigger public dome. After building three domes, we really don't want to fab up another one, plus we have no storage space for a fourth one. So, if you are somewhere in the vicinity of San Francisco through Sacramento, and are wanting to downsize your geo dome, please let me know.
orange dome.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 burns and counting. Each one gets better.
clerkkent

Re: Geo Dome Swap in Nor Cal?

Postby clerkkent » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Anyone know of anyone who might be interested? Or in some deal remotely the same?
7 burns and counting. Each one gets better.
clerkkent

Return to Shelter & Camping