MOOP Prevention

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

MOOP Prevention

Postby moonrise » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:17 pm

If what is being said is true (2012 will be mostly newbies and virgins bla bla bla, clueless bla bla) we will all need to be extra vigilant about MOOP. :evil:
Educate the virgins, and careless newbies etc etc....stuff like what NOT to bring/wear/use and how to de-MOOP, prevent MOOP and so on...

We want to maintain the playa for future burns, correct? Let's do whatever we can to protect the playa (and please the BLM for permit renewal).

After my two burns, I borrowed a rake from my neighbor and MOOPed my area. This year I will remember to bring a rake for thorough MOOPing after the event.

LNT = Leave No Trace. Wasn't it John Muir who said "leave nothing but footprints" I like that! :mrgreen:

I will also bring a BUNCH of extra, contractor type heavy duty trash bags for MOOPing during and after the burn and I will leave some space in my trailer for hauling it off playa.

What else can be done? :idea: Have I forgotten anything? If so, please add to the list.

FWIW, Posting in this thread does NOT mean you agree with the ticket rumors (but just in case, I threw it in up top) it means you want to help prevent MOOP. Prevent da MOOP on da playa!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Re: MOOP Prevention

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 pm

good point well said, lets not forget its our home, in which we are guests lets leave like we would like to find it
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Re: MOOP Prevention

Postby hotmess » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm

I found that if you are carrying a bag back it is helpful to have a small plastic bag on hand in your bag. That way you can pick up the nasty beer cans they get dropped and are still wet while not getting any stinky sticky beer on you or your gear.
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Kamp Krusty

Return to Shelter & Camping