Tents and RVs...

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Tents and RVs...

Postby Patiencepie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 pm

I understand it's a first come-type camping situation. That there is not staff directing each vehicle one right next to the other? I was at a festival where we were put in RV camping coz I had a small trailer but we were pitching a tipi. The staff freaked about the tipi taking up space and we were forced to be wedged between RVs that that were running most of the day and we had tail pipe exhausts pumping right into our tipi from 2 feet away. Not keen on this happening again ever! I am guessing you don't have to camp like that here? Just trying to get an idea of the set up. I used to go to dead shows and camping was pretty open. You could have a little "space". Is it a little like that? Thanx!

Re: Tents and RVs...

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Zoom in and play with this and it will give you the idea. 8)

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Postby some seeing eye » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Welcome. BM has its own special ways of doing things.

First you can join a camp that is placed within specific boundaries beforehand. If you are with them, you just go to their location and follow whatever camp instructions there are. Here is a 2011 map of preplaced areas from last year:
Preplaced areas are dense.

If your posse is solo, you can camp anywhere there is room after the public gate opening. Good to check with neighboring camps before setting up. But in the middle of the night or day you could get some new neighbors with generators, exhaust or a sound system. If you look st the sat photos, you can see that the closer in, the denser people camp.

If you really want room, camp outside the ring road, or in the walk in camp area if that works for you. Walk in is no vehicles. Also possible to camp deep playa, but more complicated. Outside the ring road otherwise, whatever.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby zifra » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:18 am

Do not worry, there is LOTS of room. Pick a spot and then be around for a day or so to speak with any new neighbors about generator noise and stereos, just to make sure your all on the same page.

Remember your not dealing with minimum wage parking attendants, your dealing with neighbors and friends.

See you in the city!

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"

Postby Ratty » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Figjam, Thank you for posting that cool aerial view of 2010. I got to show my husband the row of tinytopia artwork. (I made one of the dioramas). Many thanks
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Sporks are For Pussys

Return to Shelter & Camping