Hexayurt Repair - Foiled?!

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Hexayurt Repair - Foiled?!

Postby Fidget Wigglesworth » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey guys,
I just noticed that quite a bit of the foil on a few of the walls of my 8' hexayurt is torn off and some parts with no foil at all - not the edges - but the sides...
- what is the best way to repair / patch this? Is that completely necessary to patch up as long as the edges are covered and taped?

Do you think i need to patch these outer walls where there is no longer the foil or can i leave it just the board (its not showing foam but more like cardboard).
Does it need the foil layer it to keep it rainproof. My main concern is rain leaking in these spots where the foil layer has been torn off.

What would you recommend patching it with?
- Is there a spray that would seal it? Can i just use some foil tape from homedepot or lowes?

Thanks fellow yurters. I'm working on this over the weekend so I hope to repair before we do the practice run thru on putting it up.
muchas gracias!
- fidget
Fidget Wigglesworth

Re: Hexayurt Repair - Foiled?!

Postby Elderberry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

I addressed this in the other thread you posted it in.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Shelter & Camping