Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
Ok, I've got the to build my Playa Porch.I saw many Burners with PVC pipe quanset huts. I think I have the jist of it. Tell me if I need to modify.
1. foot and 1/2 rebar bent at the end that the PVS ends can fit over space about 5 feet apart on either side
2. 20 ft PVC piping (spine for the middle
3. a tarp or canvas
4. bunjees that hook into a loop to go over the rebar where it meets the bottom
I'm looking for inexpensive solutions and I know someone out there knows just how to pull this off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Burners!
Don't return to default in the Default World.
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:52 am
- Location: Farmington,NM
This worked fine for me in 2010:
I did the extension to shade my tent (and secured it to the ground by parking my car on the tarp).
A campmate substituted zip-ties for the bungie balls, no problems.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
- Location: Location, Location
Return to Shelter & Camping
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: lollergirl and 6 guests