Hexayurt vs Popup Camper?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

sprite wrote:I'm not sure how that compares once we get into the cost of plane fare and of shipping our stuff. But it certainly gives me something to think about with a pad and paper.

The thing that I found is that you really don't need all *that* much stuff. Between your carry on and one good checked bag plus a trip to Walmart or whatever, you're set. I brought no cooler, and played it minimal.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Da Mule » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:01 pm

with a kid and possibly one on the way, they might need more than a bachelor would
Da Mule

Postby sprite » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Nah, flying in with just a checked bag and carry-on won't really work for me. I want a comfortable home base, and for me that means things like chairs, a nice fat air mattress, a table for food prep and to lay my crap out, a shade structure that's separate from my sleeping area. All that's without taking the bike factor into account, and we'd have to give up any idea of bringing our traffic signal with us. or any of the other projects we're considering.
sprite

Postby sprite » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm

And the above is without bringing our daughter along. She brings us into another realm of what's necessary to bring.
sprite

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Very true.. I didn't read into the context of it. You have a very valid point.

I guess the real issue would be cost for truck vs camper + comfort factor divided by available fundage..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping