Small evap pond - ideas please

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Small evap pond - ideas please

Postby Butymovn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:37 am

Need info on how to build small evap pond for dishwashing near our shade structure. Nothing too big (no more than 2x6 or 4x4). Never built one but have seen them and think they are very effective. Also don't know how to filter the food and larger particles, and what is a wick? I'm sorry I'm a newbie at evap ponds but a burner now 5 years- I know I should have learned a long time ago- either way if someone would like to offer their suggestions - feel free, I'm all ears!
Peace~
Butymovn

Postby TomServo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 am

Black sheet of plastic, with a square made of PVC underneath.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 am

Flat black concreted mixing pan. Just rock it now and then. Works for us. We do hide it at night, people sneak their water into it.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby ygmir » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:41 am

said mixing pan, with a small "tower" of wood, and, A/c or other absorbent pad and pour or pump the water on top, let it trickle down, evap.
if said pad can be in water, it'll wick some up, too.

repeat.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

less is more

Postby jpstiffin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:44 am

I bought a child's wading pool - easy to pack and almost always on sale by the end of the summer. I thing I paid about $5 for mine. No assembly - no black plastic , no 2/4's no pvc - just inflate and use. I didn't bring a pump - just lung power
Small Steps
jpstiffin

Re: less is more

Postby jkisha » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:49 am

jpstiffin wrote:I bought a child's wading pool - easy to pack and almost always on sale by the end of the summer. I thing I paid about $5 for mine. No assembly - no black plastic , no 2/4's no pvc - just inflate and use. I didn't bring a pump - just lung power

How did you fasten it down?

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Kitchen greywater filter and containment system

Postby DoctorIknow » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 am

Evaporation “pondsâ€
DoctorIknow

Postby BurningRando » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:02 am

A nice big deep funel. Pour gray water back in the container you used to haul all that water into BRC. Take it home with you. You can dump the containers at the first rest stop on I80 that has an RV dump.
BurningRando

Thank You!

Postby Butymovn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions... I am truly grateful and hoping to do my part to keep the playa extra clean while still being able to do standard living things ;o) I will try the bucket with the burlap and also a small square with the black plastic or even maybe a baby pool that I can slide under the RV when not in use or at night. Hope it all works out and wish everyone a safe and fun burn!!
Butymovn

Postby Homiesinheaven » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

paper dishes and chopsticks, wipe pots and pans down with minimal water and papertowels. dishwashing bins are a stinking nightmare but if you like to have fun with stank ass grey water enjoy...
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:12 pm

Homiesinheaven wrote:paper dishes and chopsticks, wipe pots and pans down with minimal water and papertowels. dishwashing bins are a stinking nightmare but if you like to have fun with stank ass grey water enjoy...

Right, if you have a burn barrel you can chuck your paper trash in there!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to Shelter & Camping